Learning and Development Partner-Employee Development
Pinterest, Dublin, IE
Visual discovery destination
Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
At Pinterest our mission is to bring everyone the inspiration to create a life they love. Our Talent Team brings that mission to life by designing and implementing a talent strategy that enables Pinterest employees to thrive and Pinterest to succeed. We’re looking for an experienced L&D professional to be based out of our Dublin Ireland office (virtually to start), with a track record of designing and executing manager and employee development strategy in a fast growing organization. You will be able to demonstrate how core competencies are used to inform development, and contribute directly to the curation, design and execution of learning programs that build those core competencies. You will be a skilled program manager, facilitator and design thinker, who can design and deliver programs and projects that simultaneously achieve business results, and drive career development and fulfillment. You are known for driving results through partnering with stakeholders, building robust well thought out plans, and seeing initiatives to successful completion in the face of obstacles or setbacks.
This is our first non-US role for this expanding L&D team at Pinterest. The L&D Partner reports into the central team, but is required to work with cross functional partners to design, develop, scale, deliver, and evaluate multimodal learning resources that help employees do their best work across the EMEA region. You’ll need to be innovative and passionate about developing people, and understand the impact that clear goal setting, career planning, and incorporating learning as part of everyday work have on the business, career satisfaction, and manager effectiveness. You should have expertise on the current tools and trends in learning (especially the complexity of virtual learning and meaningfully connecting with dispersed teams in a remote work environment), a background in management and leadership development, and an appetite to stay informed on the latest learning science as it evolves. We need a creative thinker and strong executor who can deliver on the demands of a company that is scaling fast. You’ll have proven experience designing and delivering effective employee and manager curricula at scale, and measuring the ROI of those initiatives.
What you’ll do:
- Roll out central programming locally, while also listening to, and developing resources for the EMEA region specifically
- Develop and run programs and offerings that deliver on our strategic approach to developing the skills, experiences and knowledge that our employees need now and in the future. These will range from foundational skills e.g. (goal setting and feedback), to the more complex e.g. (navigating change, and thinking strategically)
- Skillfully present and facilitate virtual classroom learning experiences that drive behavior change and impact
- Create a manager community, and learning environment that goes beyond regular classroom learning exercises, and embraces a range of mediums, connecting and upleveling our employees through engaging communications and learning events. Consider employees and managers at Pinterest as your key customer, and strive to anticipate emerging trends, interests and needs of this group now and into the future.
- Partner with business leaders, HRBPs, People Experience team members and others across the people team and the business to understand the needs of the employee population. Take ownership of identifying opportunities, tackling challenging or difficult tasks and seeking to drive improvement
- Partner to ensure the LMS, Internal Wiki, and curated learning resources are up to date, current and impactive
- Identify and manage vendors that can help deliver training and development
- Comfortable designing and writing communication strategy to market learning programs
What we’re looking for:
- Consulting or internal L&D experience in a role focused on Manager Capability and Employee Development
- Demonstrated ability to run a needs analysis in order to determine the most relevant learning objectives for a discrete population
- Proven experience taking global content and localizing effectively
- Experienced facilitator, comfortable presenting to groups both virtually and in person
- Skilled at developing plans that are aligned with both the employee strategy, and the goals and priorities of relevant teams and partners
- Can navigate ambiguity when priorities change by remaining focused, productive and seeking guidance on how to respond
- Able to rally people around a shared goal, project plan - great program and process leader who thinks holistically about the talent lifecycle
- Proof of being pragmatic, and business focused - not just academic
- Possess a growth mindset; seeks feedback for improvement and uses candor when presenting new ideas and/or challenging others
- Influential at all levels, and comfortable interacting cross functionally with key stakeholders
Pinterest is full of possibilities to design your life. Discover recipes, style inspiration, projects for your home and other ideas to try.
Want to learn more about Pinterest? Visit Pinterest's website.
Minimalist makeup and skincare