Manager, Finance Operations and Analytics
Pinterest, San Francisco, CA, US
Visual discovery destination
Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
As a founding member of a small, newly formed Finance Operations and Analytics team, you will focus on implementing scalable systems and processes that provide metrics visibility for our senior leaders, enable business analysts to generate insights and power our mission critical reporting as a public company. With an irrational love for data visualization and metrics, deep systems thinking, and an entrepreneurial, “get stuff done” mindset, you’ll build the backbone for how the Finance organization Finance organization (and Pinterest more broadly) is managed.
What you’ll do:
- Build business-critical reporting solutions. You will work closely with business analysts and leaders across Finance to build and maintain the core data tables, data workflows and management dashboards senior executives use on a daily basis to understand the health of the business, as well as with our BI and Data Engineering teams to build the source-of-truth datasets that power them. You are the Program Manager and Technical Lead for the company’s top-level business health KPIs and dashboards and build solutions following project management and technical best practices
- Drive major analytics and automation projects. As the business continues to grow in complexity, you will find opportunities across Finance to drive increased efficiency through automation, and partner with our IT and Engineering teams to implement new tools or better leverage our internal ones for Finance processes
- Facilitate data and metrics governance processes. You will work with cross-functional teams including Finance, Accounting, Compliance, and Engineering to ensure business-critical metrics quality and accuracy by building the source of truth data sets for various metrics and help with implementing data access controls and policies critical to operating as a public company
What we're looking for:
- Hands-on experience in principled data warehouse design, data visualization and data pipeline design and development
- 4+ years of hands-on experience with data platforms (Hadoop, Hive, Presto, Spark and Snowflake ) and with data visualization (Tableau) technologies
- Expert-level proficiency in writing complex, highly-optimized SQL queries across large datasets
- Working knowledge of at least one of these programming languages: Python, Java, Go
- Strong product owner mentality - proactively understanding customer pain points and delivering solutions, working with business partners, roadmapping and driving projects to completion
- Demonstrated experience as a tech-lead either directly managing or indirectly influencing the work of a small team of developers
Pinterest is full of possibilities to design your life. Discover recipes, style inspiration, projects for your home and other ideas to try.
Want to learn more about Pinterest? Visit Pinterest's website.
Great Prices. Better Cars. Shipped to You.