Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
The Data Comms Team mission is to empower the Comms Team with compelling, authentic, and accurate data stories to increase reach of comms goals and to drive scale and efficiency for data reporting. As an Analyst on the Communications team, you will help design and execute analyses and create data tools to help our stakeholders succeed.
What you’ll do:
- Design, execute, and own data queries and analyses of first party platform data to create compelling insights that help us externally communicate our unique platform story across several priorities (e.g. Shopping, Inclusivity, Creators, Trends, Audience insights)
- Translate data into compelling, actionable narratives factoring in input/needs from the communications team
- Support ad hoc requests from editors and internal U.S. and international team to help tell locally relevant stories that reach our Comms goals
- Develop data workflows, scaled query tools and visualization dashboards to facilitate meaningful access to Pinterest data
- Identify opportunities for more scalable, impactful insight workflows, tools and features
- Contribute to the development and analysis of monthly insights presentation to stay on top of new trends and cultural shifts reflected in our search data
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years relevant experience creating analyses and automation techniques such as building dashboards &/or automating custom reports with large scale datasets, quantitative research, and using data to formulate business insights
- Expertise in data querying and manipulation in SQL and Excel and at least one scripting language such as R or Python; experience with Jupyter is a plus
- Statistical and data analysis/modeling skills (e.g. significance testing, regression modeling, etc.) preferred
- Strong communication skills and the ability to craft engaging and actionable insights stories for a variety of audiences using data
- Ability to connect data analysis to real business problems, in order to impact business performance
- Track record of operating independently, demonstrating creativity, being detail-oriented, and delivering results in a highly organized manner
- Experience in working with marketing, communications, or sales: ability to translate technical data to consumer facing audiences
This is a contract position at Pinterest. As such, the contractor who fills this role will be employed either by our staffing partner (ProUnlimited) or by an agency partner, and not an employee of Pinterest. All interviews will be scheduled and/or conducted by the Pinterest assignment manager. When a finalist has been selected, ProUnlimited or the agency partner will extend the offer and provide assignment details including duration, benefits options and onboarding details.
Pinterest is full of possibilities to design your life. Discover recipes, style inspiration, projects for your home and other ideas to try.
Want to learn more about Pinterest? Visit Pinterest's website.
Great Prices. Better Cars. Shipped to You.