Data Labeling Program Manager (Contract)
Pinterest, San Francisco, CA, US; Remote
Visual discovery destination
Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
We're looking for an experienced Program Manager to help us grow Pinterest internationally, focusing on data labeling and content relevance. We need a dedicated person to run data labeling projects, which includes setting and running human judgements at scale for any team at Pinterest and managing our vendors. In order to meet the needs of engineers, PMs, data scientists, and designers who need data to be tested by our vendors, the Data Labeling and Relevance Program Manager will lead labeling projects from inception to data delivery.
What you’ll do:
- Lead data labeling projects from inception to delivery
- Coordinate with the localization partners to localize labeling guidelines
- Coordinate with product specialists to ensure labeling guidelines and quality standards meet the program requirements
- Track and report progress on data labeling projects on a recurring basis
- Forecast data labeling requests and manage vendor workload accordingly
- Host weekly meetings with labeling vendors, track progress and solve roadblocks and issues
- Write/Review labeling training guidelines, launch labeling jobs, review labeling task templates
- Implement and audit quality control processes to ensure high quality
- Audit existing labeling process to identify opportunities for process improvements and propose solutions
- Anticipate risks and issues and prepare contingency plans
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of experience working with labeling vendors for machine learning
- 3+ years of experience in project management, program management or product management
- Experience working in a fast-moving environment, managing multiple projects within tight deadlines
- Passionate about quality and highly organized
- Critical thinker, with an eye for detail
- Knowledge of concepts like precision/recall and f-scores
- Active Pinterest user with a strong interest in our product
- Native/Fluent in French, German, Australia-English, UK-English, Portugese and Spanish is a plus
More about contract roles at Pinterest:
This is a contract position at Pinterest. As such, the contractor who fills this role will be employed either by our staffing partner (ProUnlimited) or by an agency partner, and not an employee of Pinterest. All interviews will be scheduled and/or conducted by the Pinterest assignment manager. When a finalist has been selected, ProUnlimited or the agency partner will extend the offer and provide assignment details including duration, benefits options and onboarding details.
Pinterest is full of possibilities to design your life. Discover recipes, style inspiration, projects for your home and other ideas to try.
Want to learn more about Pinterest? Visit Pinterest's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.