Pinterest personalizes millions of experiences by using machine learning algorithms to sift through our catalog of a hundred billion Pins to find the best content for each Pinner. To provide high quality data to build these algorithms, our engineering teams rely heavily on human evaluation service platforms this team has built from the ground up. Now, as we look to scale these platforms, both vertically and horizontally, we’re looking for someone to join the team and be a thought leader on both the engineering and product side. We need someone that will take risks with the team’s roadmap while providing a concrete vision both internally and externally. This position will require an engineer who can apply a wide spectrum of technologies such as Hadoop workflow, UI design and development, performance tuning, etc, and lead a highly impactful team.
What you will do:
- Design and scale company-wide offline measurement and human evaluation platforms for organic and ad content
- Build advanced platform functionality to support visual search initiatives like Lens and Shop the Look
- Develop storage and infrastructure that simplifies and automates machine learning workflows’ reliance on human evaluation
- Scale our in-app, personalized human evaluation platform
What we are looking for:
- Familiar with languages such as Python, Java or C++.
- Familiar with Hadoop, Hive and Big Data
- Familiar with UI and Web Application Development
- Desire to lead a highly impactful engineering team
Pinterest is full of possibilities to design your life. Discover recipes, style inspiration, projects for your home and other ideas to try.
Want to learn more about Pinterest? Visit Pinterest's website.
Jobs You May Like
Engineering Manager, TX Core (Boston)
Circle, Boston, MA
Software Engineer, Android (Vietnam)
Software Test Engineer - Optics
Zoox, Foster City, CA
Mobile Application Developer
Senior Frontend Software Engineer
Bizly, New York Office