Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
We’re looking for an inspiring, globally-minded Design Director to help Pinterest bring people everywhere the inspiration to create a life they love. Reporting to the Global Creative Director and working closely with cross-functional leaders across the company, you’ll lead and mentor a small but mighty team of creatives, and agency partners in clarifying and then amplifying our story to the world building impactful campaigns.
This is a role like no other, at an especially exciting moment in Pinterest’s history. Our business is thriving, our user base continues to grow, and we believe the impact of this role can fuel our company to grow in unprecedented ways. You’ll be in a position to take a brand that’s beloved by those who use us, and misunderstood by those who don’t, and reshape the narrative to increase comprehension while underscoring our purpose.
You’ll be able to tap into important, social issues to define Pinterest’s role in the world, especially at a time where people are rightfully questioning the role technology plays in their lives. And you’ll be able to ensure we are not simply reacting to culture, but indeed striving to shape it ourselves, for the better. This is a full-time position based in London, but charged with building an iconic, global brand.
What you'll do:
- Lead a creative team to conceptualize and develop compelling integrated marketing campaigns
- Articulate the Pinterest narrative so more pinners and advertisers around the world understand the value of our product
- Recruit, develop and motivate a team whose mission is to help inspire the world
- Build strong relationships throughout the company to help unify our narrative and amplify our mission internally and externally
What we're looking for:
- You can think through what an idea ought to be and have the design chops to bring it to life — whether that’s graphic design, UX/UI, motion, video editing, or all of the above!
- A leader who prefers to lead by doing; you can’t resist the urge to practice your craft by rolling up your sleeves and working alongside your team to unlock creativity
- A respected designer that has mastered their craft in one or more design disciplines, ideally a renaissance person with endless curiosity
- A conceptual thinker who has created a clear and cohesive design identity and story for a consumer tech company
- A mentor who is energized by growing others’ careers and knows how to motivate a team
- An inspiring communicator that represents creative work, builds trust and influences alignment of our creative vision across marketing, PR and product design
- 3+ years managing designers,
- At least 10+ years hands-on designing
Our Commitment to Diversity:
At Pinterest, our mission is to bring everyone the inspiration to create a life they love—and that includes our employees. We’re taking on the most exciting challenges of our working lives, and we succeed with a team that represents an inclusive and diverse set of identities and backgrounds.
Pinterest is full of possibilities to design your life. Discover recipes, style inspiration, projects for your home and other ideas to try.
Want to learn more about Pinterest? Visit Pinterest's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.
Tech Jobs For You
Engineering Manager, Data Engineering
Spot Hero, Chicago, IL, United States, Toronto, Ontario, Canada