Qualitative UX Researcher, Growth (Contract)
Pinterest, San Francisco, CA, US; Remote
Visual discovery destination
Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Pinterest is looking for a Qualitative UX Researcher to join our Growth Product team. In this cross-functional role, you will play an integral part in developing experiences that grow the audience of people who get inspiration on Pinterest. You’ll conduct a mix of tactical and strategic research, in partnership with product management, engineering, design, analytics, and content strategy. Although this researcher will focus on using qualitative methods, the ideal candidate is someone who understands and has experience blending qualitative insights with learnings from quantitative research and product experimentation.
What you'll do:
- Take on projects from the Pinner Notifications and Sharing and Messaging teams
- Conduct research that varies in approach, scale, scope, timeframe and methodologies (may include usability testing, ethnography, interviews, and participatory workshops)
- Proactively communicate and share your research findings with team members, executives, and other audiences in compelling, actionable, and engaging ways
- Lead research projects from beginning to end (including recruiting, moderation and report writing both independently and with vendor partners) Develop alignment with cross-functional partners (including design, engineering, and product management) across the Growth Product org
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years experience designing and conducting end-to-end product research, from recruitment through final deliverable
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Scrappy can-do attitude with a bias for action and a focus on impact
- Experience in consumer product, growth, or international research, a plus
- Familiarity with experiments and quantitative data, a plus
More about contract roles at Pinterest:
- This is a temporary contract position at Pinterest. As such, the contractor who fills this role will be employed either by our staffing partner (PRO Unlimited) or by an agency supplier partner, and not an employee of Pinterest.
- All interviews will be scheduled and/or conducted by the Pinterest assignment manager. When a finalist has been selected, PRO Unlimited or the agency supplier partner will extend the offer and provide assignment details including duration, benefits options and onboarding details.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
At Pinterest, our mission is to bring everyone the inspiration to create a life they love—and that includes our employees. We’re taking on the most exciting challenges of our working lives, and we succeed with a team that represents an inclusive and diverse set of identities and backgrounds.
Pinterest is full of possibilities to design your life. Discover recipes, style inspiration, projects for your home and other ideas to try.
Want to learn more about Pinterest? Visit Pinterest's website.
A membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid