What we're looking for
An experienced Database Engineer to join our ongoing quest to create the most epic, innovative sales management solution around.
In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring the performance, availability, and security of clusters of MySQL instances. You will also be responsible for orchestrating upgrades and provisioning of database instances. You will work closely with our high-paced agile development as well as customer support teams, preparing documentations and specifications as required. You also will be expected to maintain your knowledge and experience level with the ever evolving IT landscape.
Who you are
You are our ideal candidate if you want to work on challenging problems with smart people. You have a keen attention to detail and are exceptionally good at identifying inconsistencies and flaws. You can juggle several balls and not lose track of the little things. You’re looking for a role with substantial opportunities to learn, grow, and take on more (the good news is, we have that stuff in spades!).
You also meet most (if not all) of the following requirements:
- Solid technical background in a hosted services environment including infrastructure networks, hardware, software and telecommunications
- Strong proficiency in database management
- Decent experience with recent versions of MySQL
- Understanding of MySQL’s underlying storage engines, such as InnoDB and MyISAM
- Experience with replication configuration in MySQL
- Knowledge of de-facto standards and best practices in MySQL
- Proficient in writing and optimizing SQL statements
- Ability to plan resource requirements from high level specifications
- Familiarity with other SQL/NoSQL databases such as PostgreSQL, MongoDB, CouchDB
- Knowledge of limitations in MySQL and their workarounds in contrast to other popular relational databases
- Experience of DevOps culture and continuous deployment environment
- Automation experience using with Shell scripting, Python and/or Ruby
- Experience with automated monitoring tools
- Experience with OpenStack/Amazon AWS is a plus
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with third party service providers
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Excitement and passion for start-ups. We’re cool; we hope you are too.
What we have to offer
- A world-class working environment
- Competitive base pay
- One of the coolest offices in Estonia
- A chance to be a part of the next success story out of Estonia
If this is something for you, please send your resume (in English) or link to your LinkedIn profile and please add a few lines on why we should pay extra attention to your application.
Story of Pipedrive Pipedrive is a sales management tool designed to help small sales teams manage intricate or lengthy sales processes. Back in 2010, two of our co-founders, both seasoned sales managers, realized that the CRM landscape was populated by software designed to please the top brass while ignoring the needs of the people doing the actual selling. So they partnered with talented developers to create a CRM that puts the needs of salespeople first. Grounded in the philosophy of activity-based selling, the result is Pipedrive, a tool now used by over 50,000 companies around the world. We have raised $30 million from Atomico, Bessemer Venture Partners, Rembrandt Venture Partners, Paua Ventures and others, and are proud to be part of AngelPad alumni.
Want to learn more about Pipedrive? Visit Pipedrive's website.
File hosting service
Jobs You May Like
IT Support Lead (MacOS & Apple Devices)