Platform Architect (Alliances)
Pivotal Software, London, UK
At Pivotal, Silicon Valley is a State of Mind
About Us VIDEO
Founded in 2013, Pivotal Software, Inc., combines our leading cloud-native platform, tools, and methodology to empower the world’s largest organizations to adapt to change and build great software. Our technology unleashes developer productivity, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
You are a partner-focused, hands-on, technical expert who also has the soft skills to effectively communicate and evangelize technology across an ecosystem. You also have the sales and business acumen that will allow you to position Pivotal technology and services in conjunction with partners to meet the needs of Fortune 2000 customers. As the software industry rapidly evolves you are able to keep learning and keep-up through self-study and personal drive. You are looking to truly help customers solve real world issues and to help coach and evangelize them on industry trends, best practices, and how software can help.
At Pivotal, our mission is to provide the software and expertise to enable customers to build a new class of digital applications as they transform their business. We have a unique opportunity to help our customers transform using Pivotal Labs and Pivotal Cloud Foundry and we are seeing a huge increase in demand from clients and partners who are transforming software delivery and building cloud native applications.
Within the Pivotal Global Ecosystem team, we work with and build a trusted network of expert organisations. These partners are focused on providing services and solutions for customers. Pivotal’s growth in the market has led to partnerships with well over 150 partners across Global System Integrators, Cloud Providers, and ISVs.
You are partner focused and will spend much of your time enabling partners (SI’s, Resellers, and Strategic) by presenting, demonstrating and evangelizing Pivotal technology and modern application & operation practices. In support of this, you will also spend much time preparing for and practicing for these important partner interactions. You will also need to keep your technical skill set sharp by constant, self-driven, research, learning, and hands-on experience.
Beyond hands-on technical skills, you will collaborate with the global and EMEA alliances team and regional sales management to set a strategy for engaging with key partners. This will involve direct engagement with the customer account teams to ensure alignment between Pivotal, partner, and customer throughout pre-sales and post-sales collaboration. You will liaise with partners on specific opportunities where PCF forms a part of a larger customer solution.
You may also engage with customers directly to support a partner-identified opportunity before Pivotal account team engagement.
Required Skills / Experiences
- Builds great relationships internally, with partners, clients and the community
- Detail oriented, process focused and driven for rapid completion of tasks
- Passion about mentoring and developing other team members
- Must have effective communication, listening, and presentation skills as well as partner advocacy in the field
- Understand partner business model and sales motions; be able to communicate this with Pivotal’s field and work with the account teams for joint customer success
- Shape joint go-to-market as related to the use of Pivotal technology internal the partner and external to joint customers
- Hands-on experience with 1 or more IaaS or virtualized infrastructure providers: AWS, GCP, Azure, vSphere or OpenStack
- Ability and strong desire to learn new skills and technologies; a strong self learner
Desired Skills / Experiences
- 5-10 years of experience in postgraduate technology related work, such as Application Development or Operations in IT or Engineering, Pre-sales Engineering or as a customer-facing Consultant
- Experience in a programing language: Java/Spring (preferred), .NET, Node.js, Ruby, Go, or similar.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a STEM major
- Must be willing to travel within EMEA
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle and the systems and tooling that support it
- Prior experience in an alliance or partner role a positive
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
About Pivotal Software
About us Pivotal transforms how the world builds software. Pivotal combines the Silicon Valley state of mind, modern approach, and infrastructure with organizations’ core expertise and values. We enable the leading companies in the world to innovate by employing an approach focused on building software. Our methodology is about evolving, in both development and innovation, and our culture is empowering. Our team uses agile and lean approaches to teach next-generation developers to create and build new solutions. We optimize for change so enterprises can move at start-up speeds and with greater business agility. Recent updateSee all See all recent updates