.Net Technical Architect (AppTx)
Pivotal Software, Netherlands
At Pivotal, Silicon Valley is a State of Mind
About Us VIDEO
Founded in 2013, Pivotal Software, Inc., combines our leading cloud-native platform, tools, and methodology to empower the world’s largest organizations to adapt to change and build great software. Our technology unleashes developer productivity, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
Most of the world’s developers work with legacy applications that reside on an outdated platform using antiquated tools. Moving to the cloud is often hindered by a complex application portfolio that is tightly-coupled and sparsely documented. Organizations are impeded by manual, tedious processes designed to minimize risk and adhere to compliance. As a result, software releases are often infrequent and time consuming.
Pivotal’s Application Transformation Services (AppTx) are designed to help our clients navigate the journey to the cloud, infusing confidence every step of the way. The selected Engineer would work alongside our clients and help transform their legacy portfolio to cloud-native in order to incrementally reduce time, cost, and operational inefficiencies while maintaining security, resilience and compliance.
Microsoft is an investor and we have been awarded #1 Azure global partner for past 2-years running.
For more info on how we modernize .Net applications, please see ebook by Richard Seroter @ Pivotal.
This role is based in Netherlands and will support customers locally in Benelux and DACH (Central EMEA) with some EMEA wide travel as customer requires.
In this role, you will:
- Work on small, focused projects (typically 6 or 10 weeks) in our office and/or at a customer location as part of a balanced team of architects, product managers, and business people
- Help customers realize unprecedented returns by transforming existing applications, across a vast spectrum of complexity, language, and framework types, to run using Cloud Native patterns and practices
- Coach and mentor customer developers, architects, product owners and operations people as we use agile/XP and techniques like TDD and CI/CD
- Discover, understand and map existing SDLC processes and deliver automated paths to production for transformed existing applications.
- Continuously learn and be at the leading edge of Pivotal and industry trends
- You will also work closely with the Pivotal Cloud Foundry engineering teams to:
- Provide feedback on – and contributions to community projects (like io) and frameworks built by the Pivotal team that continuously strive to improve the Microsoft developer experience
- Assist Pivotal’s customers in transitioning existing .NET apps to Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Modernize customer applications, incrementally improving infrastructure and app architecture techniques
- Work with Pivotal’s customers to architect and build new cloud native apps
- Become an agent of change within customer organizations
- Willing to travel and work on-site with customers
- NET expert, with experience and familiarity building Cloud and Azure applications using .NET Core and MVC; you have a strong background with Microsoft and related developer frameworks and integration products
- Experience building distributed / service oriented / microservice-style and cloud based application architectures
- Implementation experience in – building Twelve-Factor applications, and using Domain Driven Design
- You are an experienced Agile practitioner with software development experience, familiar with extreme programming, test driven development, pairing, continuous integration, continuous delivery, and related techniques
- Preferred Skills
- You are a polyglot programmer (you might have used Angular, C#, F#, Go, etc.)
- Experience with Azure would be an advantage
- Experience with Cloud Foundry would be an advantage
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
About Pivotal Software
About us Pivotal transforms how the world builds software. Pivotal combines the Silicon Valley state of mind, modern approach, and infrastructure with organizations’ core expertise and values. We enable the leading companies in the world to innovate by employing an approach focused on building software. Our methodology is about evolving, in both development and innovation, and our culture is empowering. Our team uses agile and lean approaches to teach next-generation developers to create and build new solutions. We optimize for change so enterprises can move at start-up speeds and with greater business agility. Recent updateSee all See all recent updates
Want to learn more about Pivotal Software? Visit Pivotal Software's website.
Jobs You May Like
Blue Star Sports
Associate QA Engineer
Blue Star Sports, Denver, CO
Senior Product Manager, Marketing Technology (Rights)
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Embedded Software Engineer
Lyft, Palo Alto
Hyperloop One, Los Angeles
Mixpanel, San Francisco, CA
Enterprise Integration Engineer
Affirm, Pittsburgh, PA