Agile Project Manager
Pivotal Software, San Francisco, Ca or Raleigh, NC
At Pivotal, Silicon Valley is a State of Mind
Pivotal’s Story VIDEO
Pivotal Software, Inc. combines platform, tools, and methodology to help the world’s largest companies transform the way they build software and run their most strategic applications. Our technology is used by Global 2000 companies and developers to make software development and IT operations a strategic advantage. Founded in 2013, Pivotal unleashes software-developer productivity and creates an environment for innovation to scale, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
You understand enterprise customer expectations of technical support and judge your success by the success of your team and the happiness of your customers. Maybe you’re interested in working directly with stakeholders in addressing their concerns, or perhaps you enjoy collaborating with global teams across many functions on operationalizing continuous process and product improvements with meaningful impact to the business of support. Either way, you thoughtfully advance your projects by listening, organizing, planning and facilitating decision-making to increase effectiveness, and happiness of both external and internal customers.
You are analytical, organized with a problem-solving mindset, and focused on continuous improvement of yourself, your team, and Support systems.
We believe in being kind, doing the right thing, and working at a sustainable pace. We are also passionate about our people, building on individual strengths, and encouraging continuous learning and development. In Pivotal Support, we are passionate about providing our customers with the highest level of service. We work in small teams around the globe, supporting customers 24x7. Nearly half of our team works from home.
As an agile project manager, you will apply your in-depth knowledge of Agile practices and classical project management skills to analyze, organize, plan, track and complete a variety of complex Support-related initiatives. You will maintain an awareness of industry trends, business conditions and Pivotal’s internal processes and practices to ensure success of projects and initiatives.
Specific to your role as a Support Business Operations project manager, you will meet with your project team and stakeholders across multiple structured meetings on a weekly basis, using your excellent interpersonal communication and facilitation skills to deliver results.
When you’re off work, we want you to relax, recharge, and refocus.
Required Skills / Experiences
- Participate in planning and scheduling by providing empirical Scrum team statistics, identifying project dependencies, and creating velocity forecasts and tracking
- Work with Product Owner, Business Analyst, and individual contributors to ensure prioritized and groomed project backlogs have sufficient details, and are ready to be worked on without delays, ambiguity or rework.
- Manage sprint planning and execution by identifying potential blockers and contingency plans
- Partner with Product owners and support management to optimize return on investment while meeting project objectives
- Advanced understanding of Agile Project management skills as well as Support business and related processes
- 2 - 4+ years in an agile or fast-paced project management team
Desired Skills / Experiences
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Information Technology or equivalent experience
- Scrum Alliance Certification (Scrum Master, Product Owner) and /or PMP
- Experience working with globally distributed sites and teams
- Proven understanding of business requirements gathering (e.g., identifying and mapping business needs to application capabilities)
- Build and maintain relationships with cross departmental stakeholders to increase collaboration and productivity
About Pivotal Software
About us Pivotal transforms how the world builds software. Pivotal combines the Silicon Valley state of mind, modern approach, and infrastructure with organizations’ core expertise and values. We enable the leading companies in the world to innovate by employing an approach focused on building software. Our methodology is about evolving, in both development and innovation, and our culture is empowering. Our team uses agile and lean approaches to teach next-generation developers to create and build new solutions. We optimize for change so enterprises can move at start-up speeds and with greater business agility. Recent updateSee all See all recent updates
Want to learn more about Pivotal Software? Visit Pivotal Software's website.
Jobs You May Like
Instacart, Austin, TX
Supervisor, Customer Support Marketplace Team - Overnight Shift
Part Time Brand Rep, Sales Associate
Outdoor Voices, San Francisco, CA
Client Engagement Specialist
Kraken Exchange, Paris
Instacart, Chicago, IL
Customer Service Advisor, Experiences (Portuguese)
TripAdvisor, Oxford, United Kingdom