Account Executive - Pivotal Labs & Cloud Native Services
Pivotal Software, Charlotte, NC
At Pivotal, Silicon Valley is a State of Mind
We have 3 core values: Do the right thing. Do what works. Be kind.
We care deeply about recruiting and developing exceptional talent. Pivotal seeks to add new voices and perspectives to our vibrant community because we know that diversity of thought leads to the most innovative solutions and most successful companies. Learn more about what Pivotal is doing to cultivate our community - D&I @ Pivotal.
About Us VIDEO
Pivotal Software, Inc. combines platform, tools, and methodology to help the world’s largest companies transform the way they build software and run their most strategic applications. Our technology is used by Global 2000 companies and developers to give software development and IT operations a strategic advantage. Founded in 2013, Pivotal unleashes software-developer productivity and creates an environment for innovation to scale, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
You are a high-energy, services sales professional who can identify and strategically consult with customers on our Cloud Native Services and Pivotal Cloud Foundry product opportunities. You are expected to generate net new business as well as maintain and grow relationships with existing accounts working in conjunction with other Pivotal Sales Executives, Office Directors and Platform Architects. You have broad responsibility for the overall health and sales performance of a growing territory of defined accounts.
Pivotal Sales has a unique opportunity to help some of the biggest brands in major industries create new digital experiences and rediscover the power of software by using Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Pivotal Labs, and Pivotal Data. Our team is growing rapidly as we are seeing a huge increase in demand from clients who are transforming their software delivery capability and building cloud-native applications to drive customer engagement.
Interacting with C-Level and VP-Level Executives, you will be driving the digital transformation strategy with market leading enterprise customers. You will be charged with identifying and collaborating on the Cloud Native Services implementation plans for our customers journey’s with Pivotal. Each customer may have a different entry point for their journey with Pivotal, but you will play a central role in developing the plan to help our customers drive the outcomes they desire and gain the most benefit from our process and software that they can on Cloud Foundry.
Some responsibilities in this role may include:
- Work with other Pivotal Sales Executives, Office Directors and Platform Architects to drive the Pivotal Services value proposition into our Enterprise accounts
- Assist in preparation of pre-work, scoping and contracts for Pivotal Services engagements
- Consult with C-level executives to develop and implement an effective enterprise wide strategy that maximizes the value delivered by Pivotal’s products and services
- New logo acquisition/working with existing customers to expand Pivotal Cloud Foundry usage
- Forecast revenues timely and accurately; Increase revenue/ retention rates for specified key account.
- Represent Pivotal with integrity, maintain industry credibility, prospect for new business, and establish and strengthen relationships through presenting to various audiences
Required-Desired Skills / Experiences
- Consistent high performance against sales quotas driven by C-Level and VP level relationships at key customer contact
- Experience using a consultative or advisory based sales approach
- Innovative and creative thinker who can work independently and leverage resources wisely to meet objectives
- Experience with Application Lifecycle Development Process and/or PaaS
- First hand experience selling Software Development consultants and/or Cloud Application consulting
- Partner / Systems Integrator management skills
- Proven ability to assess and disqualify customers/opportunities under minimum guidance and high pressure
- Driven to assist customers in making the right decisions which will drive the optimal outcomes - even if it results in elongating the sales cycle
- Values and practices empathy with high degree of emotional intelligence
- Bonus: we are actively looking to bring on new leadership who is passionate about creative diverse and inclusive communities.
If you are passionate about this opportunity but don’t meet 100% of the requirements, we encourage you to apply.
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
About Pivotal Software
About us Pivotal transforms how the world builds software. Pivotal combines the Silicon Valley state of mind, modern approach, and infrastructure with organizations’ core expertise and values. We enable the leading companies in the world to innovate by employing an approach focused on building software. Our methodology is about evolving, in both development and innovation, and our culture is empowering. Our team uses agile and lean approaches to teach next-generation developers to create and build new solutions. We optimize for change so enterprises can move at start-up speeds and with greater business agility. Recent updateSee all See all recent updates
Want to learn more about Pivotal Software? Visit Pivotal Software's website.
Jobs You May Like
Inside Sales Representative
Optimizely, San Francisco CA, US
Senior Media Sales Manager, DACH
Enterprise Account Executive - Benelux
InVisionApp, Remote/Virtual (based in UK, Netherlands or Ireland)
Business Planner - UK, BLX, IE and Nordics
Brooks Running, UK, Steyning
Account Development Representative, Swedish Speaking (EMEA)
Strategic Enterprise Account Executive
Scoop, Austin, Texas