Senior Administrative Assistant
Pivotal Software, Washington DC Metro
At Pivotal, Silicon Valley is a State of Mind
About Us VIDEO
Founded in 2013, Pivotal Software, Inc., combines our leading cloud-native platform, tools, and methodology to empower the world’s largest organizations to adapt to change and build great software. Our technology unleashes developer productivity, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
You are genuinely passionate about the work of an assistant and understand the importance of the role in the organization. You are a people person and enjoy making connections. You are exceedingly well organized, thoughtful and empathetic. You have exceptional communication skills, paired with great attention to detail. You are a natural problem-solver and are energized by a fast-pace environment. You are self-motivated, and demonstrate initiative, flexibility, and great judgement under pressure. You are excited to work with a diverse global team, helping foster collaboration and innovation.
We are seeking a Senior Administrative Assistant to support two members of our senior leadership team with a wide variety of responsibilities. This role is instrumental in helping the entire office work more effectively. You would be the administrative engine that keeps our team running efficiently and on schedule.
To make sure you start your day energized and ready to work, we provide a catered breakfast every weekday morning, and unlimited snacks and drinks are available all day. Our collaborative, open-plan office space is filled with talented engineers and product team members who enjoy taking advantage of our weekly Tech Talks and hanging out with their co-workers, playing ping pong, and attending other office events. Our team here at the San Francisco Pivotal office is a creative, smart, fun, and kind group of people. If this appeals to you, submit an application!
- 3-5 years of administrative experience, including support of VP or Director-level executives
- Strong proficiency in Google Apps/business suite and familiarity with MS Office, including Word, Excel (Pivot Tables), PowerPoint, and Outlook. Experience with Concur is preferred, familiarity with Trello is a plus.
- Experience with heavy office calendaring and scheduling, expense management, and travel coordination
- Experience creating and pulling reports, forecasting and familiarity with sales is a plus
- The ability to work independently, manage time well, and react to changes in plans with a sense of urgency. Managing projects is a plus.
- Strong communication, both written and verbal with a solid grasp of grammar and spelling
- Attention to detail and reliable follow through with a high level of accuracy.
- Experience exercising judgment and discretion with sensitive/confidential and proprietary information
- Agile, results/action-oriented mentality with an ability to adapt to changing priorities while remaining calm and collected
- Possess a strong ability/desire to learn new software tools - You like to find new ways to organize your day and handle tasks more efficiently.
- BA/BS degree preferred
Please Note: Much of Pivotal’s work in the Washington DC office is with Federal Government customers that require our employees involved with their projects by U.S. citizens. As such, this role requires U.S. citizenship.
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
About Pivotal Software
About us Pivotal transforms how the world builds software. Pivotal combines the Silicon Valley state of mind, modern approach, and infrastructure with organizations’ core expertise and values. We enable the leading companies in the world to innovate by employing an approach focused on building software. Our methodology is about evolving, in both development and innovation, and our culture is empowering. Our team uses agile and lean approaches to teach next-generation developers to create and build new solutions. We optimize for change so enterprises can move at start-up speeds and with greater business agility. Recent updateSee all See all recent updates
Want to learn more about Pivotal Software? Visit Pivotal Software's website.
Jobs You May Like
Engineer - Data
Lucid, New York
Senior Software Engineer - Data & Application Services
Vicarious, San Francisco Bay Area
Associate Cloud Engineer
Datto, Norwalk, CT
Software Engineer - Front End
Markforged, Watertown, MA
Software Engineer – iOS
trivago, Düsseldorf, Germany
Java Game Developer