Data Solutions Architect
Pivotal Software, USA, Anwhere
At Pivotal, Silicon Valley is a State of Mind
Pivotal’s Story VIDEO
As a recognized leader in disciplined agile and lean software development practices, Pivotal combines the Silicon Valley state of mind, modern approach, and infrastructure with organizations’ core expertise and values. Our cloud-native platform and suite of data tools drive software innovation for many of the world’s most admired brands, helping enterprises move at start-up speeds and with greater business agility. We optimize for change and teach next-generation developers to create and build new solutions, and are committed to open source and open standards.
Our methodology is about evolving, in both development and innovation, and our culture is empowering. Our 2,000+ employees across offices worldwide subscribe to an ethos of kindness. We make a point to bring empathy to each and every project, and are guided by a purposeful mission—to transform how the world builds software.
Pivotal Data tackles the technical challenges that come with massively parallel distributed systems operating on petabytes of data across thousands of nodes. We delve into areas like query optimization, high-performance in-memory transaction and query processing, parallel and distributed execution of advanced data processing algorithms, resource management, and storage. On this team, you'll be working on hard, worthwhile problems with a collaborative team, accelerating your growth as an engineer.
The Pivotal Data Engineer will be responsible for consulting with our clients to provide deep technical and business expertise with regards to the Pivotal products, specifically the Big Data Suite. Additional job responsibilities include the ability to architect solutions, install, connect, and use these products. The individual will interface directly with customers and collaborate with our Data Scientists on engagements. The Data Engineer will also work with Engineering and Product Management as the “tip of the spear” for the development of products and enhancements.
- Drive the successful usage and adoption of Pivotal data solutions within strategic accounts by providing expert technical guidance on architecture, design, implementation, tuning, integration and ability to scale our products in the customers environment
- Occasionally support pre-sales proof of concepts involving data science and data engineering solutions. This may involve installing Pivotal products, integrating with customer specified products and tuning the system to optimally perform
- Provide consultative support to the Field and Partner Training organizations for review of deep technical training material
- Work collaboratively with Product Management, Technical Marketing and Engineering during the development, launch and continuing refinement of Pivotal products
- Present Architecture and Design vision and strategy to our customers at levels including executives to technical management and individual contributors
- Evangelize the value of Pivotal products in architectures and deployments
- The ability to travel 75% Regionally.
- 5+ years of experience in technology related work, including roles such as customer-facing Consultant and/or Pre-sales Engineer
- Experience in complex environments building and deploying MPP Databases, Hadoop ecosystem, in-memory data grids, Java EE, BI/DW, or equivalent enterprise scenarios
- Must have a solid understanding of enterprise software development from design and architecture through production
- Architect level knowledge and experience building and deploying systems leveraging hadoop and database technologies
- Excellent problem solving skills are a must.
- The ability to uncover business challenges and develop a solution to solve those challenges is key
- Proven track record of successfully leading a team of developers and/or consultants
- Ability to see and present "the big picture" and offer/architect solutions to make it better, specifically around business analytic systems
- Strong customer facing and relationship building skills including strong listening and question based knowledge gathering skills
- Able to work both independently and in a customer setting
- The ability to present impromptu and via a white board
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong SQL programming skills
- Understanding of traditional DW/BI components (ETL, Staging, DW, ODS, Data Marts, BI Tools)
- Understanding of parallel processing approaches and concepts is a very strong asset
- Understanding of the hardware and networking architecture behind large scale clustered systems
- Familiarity with standard statistical/BI packages to perform analytic calculations
- Understanding of a variety of commonly-used analytic techniques and the models underlying them.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, related field or equivalent experience
- Industry knowledge of big data technology, including Hadoop stack components, and other NOSQL and document type databases.
- RDBMS related product experience is strongly preferred (Teradata, Netezza, Vertica, Oracle, DB2, Postgres,, etc.)
- Database administration of any RDBMS
- System administration of Linux
- Intermediate programming and computation skills, preferably with Perl, Python Java, BASH/Shell Scripting and/or C/C++
- Direct experience working on a large scale data warehouse or Hadoop platform
- Enthusiastic, self-starter with a charismatic personality
At Pivotal, your On-Target Earnings are real, not virtual. We offer a competitive base salary plus a semi-annual bonus structure which is tied your achievement and the company’s performance.
Other Benefits: The flexibility of being “home-office” based; all new, top of the line hardware and equipment; quick and comprehensive expense reporting and reimbursement; company sponsored medical, dental, and vision coverage; stock options; 401K; profit sharing; employee stock purchase program (ESPP); and 2 weeks of PTO plus holidays for all new employees.
About Pivotal Software
About us Pivotal transforms how the world builds software. Pivotal combines the Silicon Valley state of mind, modern approach, and infrastructure with organizations’ core expertise and values. We enable the leading companies in the world to innovate by employing an approach focused on building software. Our methodology is about evolving, in both development and innovation, and our culture is empowering. Our team uses agile and lean approaches to teach next-generation developers to create and build new solutions. We optimize for change so enterprises can move at start-up speeds and with greater business agility. Recent updateSee all See all recent updates
Want to learn more about Pivotal Software? Visit Pivotal Software's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer - Outlook Plugin Development
Software Developer Intern
Dahmakan, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Technical Lead Engineer - Customer Management
OnDeck, Denver, CO
Software Development Manager
ShopKeep, ShopKeep Headquarters
Blue Star Sports
Blue Star Sports, Plano, TX - Legacy
Aptoide, Lisbon, Portugal