Account Executive -Pivotal Cloud Foundry
Pivotal Software, Austin, TX
At Pivotal, Silicon Valley is a State of Mind
Pivotal’s Story VIDEO
Founded in 2013, Pivotal Software, Inc., combines our leading cloud-native platform, tools, and methodology to empower the world’s largest organizations to adapt to change and build great software. Our technology unleashes developer productivity, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
We are looking for a high-energy, software sales professional who will manage Pivotal Cloud Foundry product and service opportunities through client engagement for some of Pivotal’s current customers. You are expected to maintain and grow relationships with existing accounts and are responsible for the overall health and success of Pivotal’s products and services in the account (s) you are aligned to.
Pivotal Sales has a unique opportunity to help some of the biggest brands in major industries create new digital experiences and rediscover the power of software by using Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Pivotal Labs, and Pivotal Data. Our team is growing exponentially as we are seeing a huge increase in demand from clients who are transforming their software delivery capability and building cloud-native applications to drive customer engagement.
Interacting with C-level clients as well as the internal balanced account team, you will be driving the digital transformation strategy with market leading enterprise customers.
Required Skills / Experiences
- Proficient in maintaining client relationships with a focus on driving engagement and adoption of Pivotal PCF and associated services
- Proven ability to foster relationships within an account, continue to sell adoption to different LOBs, defend against competitive threats, and ensure ongoing renewal of Pivotal products and services
- Able to work alongside the balanced account team to define an engagement plan, spot opportunities for upselling Pivotal services, and know when to engage Pivotal’s partners
- Stay up to date on the industry landscape and be able to consult on strategic “plays” the customer can capitalize on
- Considerable experience in selling and driving adoption of enterprise software products and/or technology consulting with a focus on IT
- Substantial experience using a consultative sales and client management approach
- Able to qualify, execute and upsell business under minimum guidance in coordination with internal and external stakeholders
- Proven ability to sell to business line and sell the business value vs. product is KEY
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
Desired Skills / Experiences
- Advanced knowledge around DevOps, PaaS, Agile, Containers
- C-Level and VP level relationships at key customer contacts (enterprise market)
- Previous experience of working in a Start-Up environment
- Experience of selling and driving adoption of Enterprise applications in Java EE environments, Cloud applications experience would be an asset
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
About Pivotal Software
About us Pivotal transforms how the world builds software. Pivotal combines the Silicon Valley state of mind, modern approach, and infrastructure with organizations’ core expertise and values. We enable the leading companies in the world to innovate by employing an approach focused on building software. Our methodology is about evolving, in both development and innovation, and our culture is empowering. Our team uses agile and lean approaches to teach next-generation developers to create and build new solutions. We optimize for change so enterprises can move at start-up speeds and with greater business agility. Recent updateSee all See all recent updates