Customer Support Manager, Pivotal Support
Pivotal Software, Shanghai
At Pivotal, Silicon Valley is a State of Mind
Centrally located in Huangpu District, our Shanghai office recently moved into WeWork Yunnan Lu. We are a short walk away from People’s Square as well as many historic and major cultural sites.
About Us VIDEO
Pivotal Software, Inc. combines platform, tools, and methodology to help the world’s largest companies transform the way they build software and run their most strategic applications. Our technology is used by Global 2000 companies and developers to give software development and IT operations a strategic advantage. Founded in 2013, Pivotal unleashes software-developer productivity and creates an environment for innovation to scale, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
Our people are our strategic advantage here at Pivotal and our People (Human Resources) teams around the world partner with the business to drive employee engagement, development and retention. We are committed to transforming our People function in order to be true strategic partners to the businesses we support. Working in People Operations at Pivotal means being part of a global team that helps drive our business forward each and every day in truly special and impactful ways. You have the opportunity to work with different teams so you’ll experience all types of teams, products, and technologies.
We live by our Values.
- Do the Right Thing
- Do What Works
- Be Kind
These are the values that our Pivots live by and form the cornerstone of the way we work, collaborate and help our customers transform the way they build software. If these values resonate with you, read on.
What we are looking for:
We’re looking for a Support Manager, someone who reports to Senior Manager and will lead around 10 people, who measures their success by the success of the entire team, who understands the enterprise software support lifecycle, and the value of working in a diverse team of software support engineers. The role demands strong service instincts, excellent communication skills, technical agility, and values related to kindness, helpfulness, humility, collaboration, and continuous learning.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Leading a highly technical team of Pivotal Support Customer Engineers, located in multiple locations across the APJ region, in providing service to Pivotal’s customers. Provide clear direction to these team members daily and build a strong collaborative culture.
- Provide support to the Customer Engineer team in terms of coaching, training, performance management, career paths, technical and escalation guidance, including collaboration with Pivotal’s Escalation Management team, as required.
- Driving the management and execution of day-to day technical support activities, projects, personnel, products, performance metrics/standards, as well as strategic policies and directives for assigned area. Understanding of functional knowledge and awareness of company goals and objectives.
- Analyzing issues and trends regarding programs, products, process, and standards/metrics, and makes recommendations. Driving and nurturing innovative thinking within business process improvement efforts and inspiring others to do the same.
- Driving resource allocation/scheduling, ensuring proper weekend and customer coverage.
- Ownership of work plans, technical direction, performance management and development of direct reports in assigned areas.
- Assist in facilitating daily standup meeting and seek new opportunities to aid teams continued development.
- Problem solving, working to deadlines and balancing multiple demands.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Success factors include:
- Ability to attract, motivate, coach, develop & retain high performing talent.
- Strong leadership skills with broad business acumen.
- Possesses strong Product/ Technology/ Engineering/ Industry knowledge.
- Takes a proactive approach, leads by example and has a track record of delivering results.
- Sense of urgency and ability to deal with multiple tasks at the same time.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills & fluent English speaking and writing skills.
- Motivate team and assist in the development of individual career paths.
- Knowledge of the following concepts and technologies would be an advantage: MPP Databases, 3rd Platform, Cloud Computing, PaaS, SaaS, Web Application Development, Agile methodologies.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at once, and work under pressures of deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Experience with open source.
Pivotal offers a competitive compensation/benefits package, diverse and inclusive work environment, flexible work arrangement, contributions to communities, and a culture that encourages empathy, learning, transparency and innovation.
About Pivotal Software
About us Pivotal transforms how the world builds software. Pivotal combines the Silicon Valley state of mind, modern approach, and infrastructure with organizations’ core expertise and values. We enable the leading companies in the world to innovate by employing an approach focused on building software. Our methodology is about evolving, in both development and innovation, and our culture is empowering. Our team uses agile and lean approaches to teach next-generation developers to create and build new solutions. We optimize for change so enterprises can move at start-up speeds and with greater business agility. Recent updateSee all See all recent updates
Want to learn more about Pivotal Software? Visit Pivotal Software's website.
Jobs You May Like
Community Initiatives Manager - Product Marketing
Reddit, San Francisco
Part Time Brand Rep, Sales Associate
Outdoor Voices, Dallas, TX
Customer Support Representative - Evening Shift
Samsara, San Jose
Sr. Business Consultant
Workfront, Lehi, Utah, US
Bilingual Customer Support Advisor (Dealer Success)
TradeRev, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Customer Solutions Expert