Customer Support Manager, Pivotal Support
Pivotal Software, Shanghai
At Pivotal, Silicon Valley is a State of Mind
About Us VIDEO
Founded in 2013, Pivotal Software, Inc., combines our leading cloud-native platform, tools, and methodology to empower the world’s largest organizations to adapt to change and build great software. Our technology unleashes developer productivity, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
We’re looking for a Support Manager, someone who reports to Senior Manager and will lead around 10 people, who measures their success by the success of the entire team, who understands the enterprise software support lifecycle, and the value of working in a diverse team of software support engineers. The role demands strong service instincts, excellent communication skills, technical agility, and values related to kindness, helpfulness, humility, collaboration, and continuous learning.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leading a highly technical team of Pivotal Support Customer Engineers, located in multiple locations across the APJ region, in providing service to Pivotal’s customers. Provide clear direction to these team members daily and build a strong collaborative culture.
- Provide support to the Customer Engineer team in terms of coaching, training, performance management, career paths, technical and escalation guidance, including collaboration with Pivotal’s Escalation Management team, as required.
- Driving the management and execution of day-to day technical support activities, projects, personnel, products, performance metrics/standards, as well as strategic policies and directives for assigned area. Understanding of functional knowledge and awareness of company goals and objectives.
- Analyzing issues and trends regarding programs, products, process, and standards/metrics, and makes recommendations. Driving and nurturing innovative thinking within business process improvement efforts and inspiring others to do the same.
- Driving resource allocation/scheduling, ensuring proper weekend and customer coverage.
- Ownership of work plans, technical direction, performance management and development of direct reports in assigned areas.
- Assist in facilitating daily standup meeting and seek new opportunities to aid teams continued development.
- Problem solving, working to deadlines and balancing multiple demands.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to attract, motivate, coach, develop & retain high performing talent.
- Strong leadership skills with broad business acumen.
- Possesses strong Product/ Technology/ Engineering/ Industry knowledge.
- Takes a proactive approach, leads by example and has a track record of delivering results.
- Sense of urgency and ability to deal with multiple tasks at the same time.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills & fluent English speaking and writing skills.
- Motivate team and assist in the development of individual career paths.
- Knowledge of the following concepts and technologies would be an advantage: MPP Databases, 3rd Platform, Cloud Computing, PaaS, SaaS, Web Application Development, Agile methodologies.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at once, and work under pressures of deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Experience with open source.
About Pivotal Software
About us Pivotal transforms how the world builds software. Pivotal combines the Silicon Valley state of mind, modern approach, and infrastructure with organizations’ core expertise and values. We enable the leading companies in the world to innovate by employing an approach focused on building software. Our methodology is about evolving, in both development and innovation, and our culture is empowering. Our team uses agile and lean approaches to teach next-generation developers to create and build new solutions. We optimize for change so enterprises can move at start-up speeds and with greater business agility. Recent updateSee all See all recent updates
Want to learn more about Pivotal Software? Visit Pivotal Software's website.
Jobs You May Like
Datto, Albany, NY | Boston, MA | Norwalk, CT | Portland, OR | Rochester, NY
Kurtosys, Cape Town, Claremont, South Africa
Federal Technical Account Manager
Confluent, Washington DC, Virginia
Senior Manager, Customer Experience
Customer Experience Associate
Class Pass, Missoula
Customer Support Specialist
Zuora, San Mateo