Product Manager (Pivotal Labs)
Pivotal Software, Toronto
At Pivotal, Silicon Valley is a State of Mind
Pivotal’s Story - VIDEO
As a recognized leader in disciplined agile and lean software development practices, Pivotal combines the Silicon Valley state of mind, modern approach, and infrastructure with organizations’ core expertise and values. Our cloud-native platform and suite of data tools drive software innovation for many of the world’s most admired brands, helping enterprises move at start-up speeds and with greater business agility. We optimize for change and teach next-generation developers to create and build new solutions, and are committed to open source and open standards.
Our methodology is about evolving, in both development and innovation, and our culture is empowering. Our 2,000+ employees across offices worldwide subscribe to an ethos of kindness. We make a point to bring empathy to each and every project, and are guided by a purposeful mission—to transform how the world builds software.
You are passionate about creating products that make a difference for users and businesses alike. You have strong product instincts, excellent communication skills, are technically fluent and have a good understanding of common product design patterns. You enjoy working collaboratively with designers and engineers on small co-located teams. You’re passionate about your craft, and enjoy helping others develop as PMs. You are comfortable with ambiguity and moving forward with imperfect information You excel at leading without authority, effectively aligning team members as well as client stakeholders and executives around a shared set of objectives to progress the goal of shipping the right product to the client’s customers. You judge your success by the success of your team and the happiness of our clients. Work/life balance is important to you: isn’t just something that we want you to have, but something we need you to teach to our clients.
Pivotal Labs is Pivotal’s consulting arm and a recognized leader in modern software development practices. We work with many of the world’s most influential companies, helping them not only build great software, but fundamentally create a culture of innovation. Our approach is informed by over 20 years of experience and continuous improvement, and blends lean startup, user-centered design and agile/XP. We also developed Pivotal Tracker, the project management and collaboration tool used by thousands of agile teams worldwide.
We pair with our client PMs, all day, every day because we know it delivers remarkable results. We practice and teach an approach to product management that is applicable across industries and organizations, so you’ll experience all types of teams, industries and products. And we believe in working at a sustainable pace – you’ll typically work hard for 8 hours each day, but then you’re off work to relax, recharge and refocus.
Required Skills / Experiences
- Experience with two of the following: lean startup methodologies, agile development methodologies, working directly with clients
- Experience shipping successful products, including defining vision, strategy, outcome-driven product roadmaps and creating and managing backlogs
- Experience articulating and testing product hypotheses
- Demonstrated ability to define and track KPIs and other measurable success criteria
- Deep user empathy and strong user experience sensibilities
- Experience closely collaborating with engineers and designers as part of small co-located teams
- Demonstrated ability to get things done in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to break down complex problems into actionable steps
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to adapt your communication style for the audience
- Demonstrated ability to influence decision making in different contexts
- Interest in coaching others
- Ability to facilitate collaborative decision-making in a workshop context
- Ability to quickly understand a specific client domain and identify the trends and opportunities in that space
Desired Skills / Experiences
- Experience with both lean startup methodologies and agile development methodologies
- Experience working directly with clients and leading projects
- Experience shipping both new products as well as improving upon existing ones
- Experience leading or supporting user research
- Experience mentoring other PMs a plus
- Experience working with or inside enterprise scale organizations a plus
- Experience as a designer or engineer a plus
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY GPVTL Canada In (“Pivotal”) is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes the value of every individual in creating success for our customers, business partners, shareholders, employees and communities. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, developing and promoting employees without discrimination. Pivotal believes equal opportunity and inclusion are essential to motivate, empower and recognize the best in everyone.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Pivotal is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Pivotal will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email [email protected] or call 416-907-9470 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).
About Pivotal Software
About us Pivotal transforms how the world builds software. Pivotal combines the Silicon Valley state of mind, modern approach, and infrastructure with organizations’ core expertise and values. We enable the leading companies in the world to innovate by employing an approach focused on building software. Our methodology is about evolving, in both development and innovation, and our culture is empowering. Our team uses agile and lean approaches to teach next-generation developers to create and build new solutions. We optimize for change so enterprises can move at start-up speeds and with greater business agility. Recent updateSee all See all recent updates
Want to learn more about Pivotal Software? Visit Pivotal Software's website.
Jobs You May Like
Support Center Engineer
Intersection, New York
Senior Production Engineer - Production Engineering
Slack, San Francisco
Software Engineer, Data Infrastructure (Simulation)
Lyft, Palo Alto, CA
Nextdoor, San Francisco, CA
Associate Director Application Transformation, Pivotal Labs, APJ
Pivotal Software, Singapore
Front End Developer
Twitch, Huntsville, AL