Security Program & Product Manager - Cloud Foundry
Pivotal Software, San Francisco, CA
At Pivotal, Silicon Valley is a State of Mind
Pivotal’s Story VIDEO
As a recognized leader in disciplined agile and lean software development practices, Pivotal combines the Silicon Valley state of mind, modern approach, and infrastructure with organizations’ core expertise and values. Our cloud-native platform and suite of data tools drive software innovation for many of the world’s most admired brands, helping enterprises move at start-up speeds and with greater business agility. We optimize for change and teach next-generation developers to create and build new solutions, and are committed to open source and open standards.
Our methodology is about evolving, in both development and innovation, and our culture is empowering. Our 2,000+ employees across offices worldwide subscribe to an ethos of kindness. We make a point to bring empathy to each and every project, and are guided by a purposeful mission—to transform how the world builds software.
The Pivotal Cloud Foundry R&D team is looking for a highly-skilled, agile Security Program and Product Manager to join us to secure Pivotal Cloud Foundry, the platform that transforms how the world deploys and scales software. This role will work throughout the R&D organization to be the ‘glue’ that keeps the bar high and facilitates the flow of secure product features to our customers. In this role, you will work with all areas of the organization to deliver the strategy while simultaneously managing the day to day aspects of the program.
- You have deep understanding of and experience with building secure software products.
- You are extremely knowledgeable in product and program management and can seamlessly balance tactical delivery needs with strategic, long-term vision
- You thrive on building and supporting a learning organization around security concepts that multiplies your knowledge amongst all its team members
- You will enhance and benefit from a security culture that values openness, agility, and defined business hours over security by obscurity, waterfall compliance processes, and being on-call 24/7
At Pivotal Cloud Foundry we transform how the world deploys and scales software, and we are opinionated about how software should be built. We work hard to deliver platform capabilities so customers can accelerate their time to market for software solutions. Our engineers pair program, all-day every day, because we know it delivers remarkable results. They also work in small teams, and rotate between them frequently so that they are able to meet everyone in the organization.
- Translate customer security needs into prioritized, actionable stories (tactical and strategic). Lead and successfully execute the strategy through strong collaboration and leadership across 50+ R&D teams
- Develop trusted relationships within the R&D organization and its stakeholders to drive success for strategic program objectives whilst optimizing delivery throughput
- Utilize internal tools and agile mindset to create a collaborative environment that fosters autonomy, transparency, mastery, innovation and learning; promote continuous improvement and ever-increasing resilience to vulnerabilities
- Drive a continuous focus on developing automation to replace repeatable, operational tasks
- Anticipate and resolutely remove obstacles that slow down or prevent the program from delivering on its objectives
- Provide leadership, transparency and visibility to the entire R&D organization
- Monitor and resolve end-to-end process for things like vulnerability management, product feedback loops, and systemic blockers
- Be able to describe and communicate security issues, security impacts, and best practices to internal and external customers
- Experience in driving key information security, compliance, and other regulatory requirements internally and externally throughout an organization
- Familiarity with compliance standards, policies and risk management
- Understanding of Security Development Lifecycle
- Experience with Program Management across several product teams managing large, highly complex programs/projects
- Experience translating and defining customer requirements and use cases that resulted in shipping secure product features
- Experience with and/or interest in Extreme Programming and agile methodologies
- Ability to work well in a cross-functional, geographically distributed environment
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field is a plus, but not required
At Pivotal, our mission is to enable customers to build a new class of applications, leveraging big and fast data, and doing all of this with the power of cloud-independence.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About Pivotal Software
About us Pivotal transforms how the world builds software. Pivotal combines the Silicon Valley state of mind, modern approach, and infrastructure with organizations’ core expertise and values. We enable the leading companies in the world to innovate by employing an approach focused on building software. Our methodology is about evolving, in both development and innovation, and our culture is empowering. Our team uses agile and lean approaches to teach next-generation developers to create and build new solutions. We optimize for change so enterprises can move at start-up speeds and with greater business agility. Recent updateSee all See all recent updates
Want to learn more about Pivotal Software? Visit Pivotal Software's website.
Jobs You May Like
Product Marketing Manager
Wizeline, San Francisco, USA
**SUMMER 2018 INTERNSHIP** Product Management Intern - MBA
XO Group, New York
Braintree Payments, San Francisco
Rubrik, Remote Sales
Senior Product Designer, Design Systems
Product Manager, Indigo Insights
Indigo, Boston, MA