Senior DevOps Platform Architect
Pivotal Software, New York, New York
At Pivotal, Silicon Valley is a State of Mind
Are you ready to work on world changing technologies? Our industry is at the cusp of a once in a generation transition; one that will fundamentally change the way businesses operate and innovate in an increasingly mobile, cloud-based and connected world.
At Pivotal, you see and create what’s possible. Working at Pivotal means doing what you love. We only hire trailblazers and pioneers and we want people who can solve challenging problems, make a real impact in technology and want to build something big.
Pivotal provides for a new software architecture paradigm - often referred to as “cloud native” - to take advantage of the power and flexibility of cloud independence. Our technology portfolio is wide yet focused on cloud native software delivery. Pivotal is not the place for people that prefer legacy technologies. We invented Cloud Foundry, the leading Open Source cloud native runtime. We are the curators of the Spring framework, the most popular programming and configuration model for Java based enterprise applications. Lastly, we provide framework patterns and operations tooling(via Spring Cloud Services) that brings Netflix grade scale and resilience to every enterprise.
We have a saying at Pivotal: “Be Bold”. What that means is we encourage everyone who works at Pivotal to make bold decisions, even if that means being wrong some of the time. If you like a culture of entrepreneurism, Pivotal is the place for you. If you are passionate about solving hard problems, enjoy working with world-class people and developing cutting edge technology, you should explore a career with Pivotal.
The Pivotal Platform Architect will be responsible for providing pre-sales deep technical and business expertise with regards to Pivotal Cloud Foundry as well as have the capabilities to install, connect, and optimize this platform. You will interface directly with customers as well as collaborate with Product Management as a field representative on the development of products and enhancements. You will be responsible for influencing customers to deploy cloud native architectures that leverage Spring/Java and other modern enterprise frameworks/languages. You will help customers design cloud native data architectures that include traditional database, caching, archival(Hadoop, S3) and other data technologies.
- Present Pivotal vision, strategy and product roadmaps to executives and technical management
- Work with sales team to develop and implement account penetration strategies and drive the adoption of Pivotal solutions within strategic accounts
- Qualify sales opportunities in the terms of customer technical requirements, competition, decision making process and funding
- Provide expert technical pre-sales support for opportunities involving Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Conduct pre-sales POCs for Pivotal Cloud Foundry and all supporting products
- Maintain deep technical and business knowledge of technology markets, directions and trends
- Maintain working knowledge of competitor products and how to technically sell against them
- Work collaboratively with Product Management, Technical Marketing and Engineering during the development, launch and continuing refinement of Pivotal products
- Pays attention to IT Operations trends and new best practices
- Has a bias for action and can break down complex problems into steps that drive customer interest in Pivotal technologies
- Enthusiastic, self-starter with a charismatic personality
- Ability to see and present 'the big picture' and offer solutions to make it better
- Must be effective in working both independently and in a team setting
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral are required
- Willingness to travel up to 50% within the United States and Canada
- 3+ years experience in data center architecture, delivery and operational services in at least one Cloud IaaS environment(vSphere, AWS, Azure, GCP and OpenStack)
- Experience with hardware/software load balancers including F5, BigIP, AWS, HA Proxy, Nginx, Apache, ELB or Google Cloud Load Balancing
- Experience automating IT Operations processes via automated pipelines using common scripting languages including Shell, Python, Golang or Ruby
- Experience automating pipelines by using continuous delivery tools including Jenkins, Concourse, vRealize Automation, Team City, Bamboo or UrbanCode
- Experience with configuration/cluster management technologies including Chef, Puppet, Kubernetes, Docker, Heroku buildpacks, BOSH or Ansible
- System Administrator experience with Linux or Windows
- System Administrator experience with Tomcat, WebSphere, Weblogic, JBoss or Microsoft IIS
- Solid understanding of systems monitoring, alerting and analytics (New Relic, Cacti, Graphite, Logstash, Nagios, Ganglia, Splunk, Papertrail, Datadog, vRealize Operations Manager, AppDynamics etc.)
- Understanding of cloud platform offerings such as Cloud Foundry, Heroku, Elastic Beanstalk, GKE, Azure Service Fabric or similar
- Experience working with NTP, SAML, OAUTH2 or Active Directory
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, related field or equivalent experience
Want to learn more about Platform Architecture at Pivotal? Click here to visit our landing page.
About Pivotal Software
About us Pivotal transforms how the world builds software. Pivotal combines the Silicon Valley state of mind, modern approach, and infrastructure with organizations’ core expertise and values. We enable the leading companies in the world to innovate by employing an approach focused on building software. Our methodology is about evolving, in both development and innovation, and our culture is empowering. Our team uses agile and lean approaches to teach next-generation developers to create and build new solutions. We optimize for change so enterprises can move at start-up speeds and with greater business agility. Recent updateSee all See all recent updates