Product Manager - Cloud Foundry - Dublin
Pivotal Software, Dublin, Ireland
At Pivotal, Silicon Valley is a State of Mind
About Us VIDEO
Founded in 2013, Pivotal Software, Inc., combines our leading cloud-native platform, tools, and methodology to empower the world’s largest organizations to adapt to change and build great software. Our technology unleashes developer productivity, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
We’re looking for a passionate Product Manager who knows how to define, validate and communicate a product vision. You have seen the power of empowered, balanced teams and believe in Outcomes over Output [video]. You have strong product instincts, but more importantly have an appreciation for and understanding of lean startup, agile and user-centered design values, principles and practices. You make the time to hone your own craft and contribute to the large product management community. You believe in doing the right thing and doing what works. You understand that your obligation to the team is to make fast, concrete decisions despite conflicting priorities.
We believe that teams should spend more of their time delivering incremental value and less on building infrastructure. We’re building Cloud Foundry to be an opinionated platform that transforms how the world deploys and scales software. Hundreds of companies rely on Pivotal Cloud Foundry to meet the needs of millions of their customers. Our engineers embrace XP as a way to go fast forever and deliver remarkable results. Our product managers and product designers work side-by-side with our engineers in small, empowered teams, using Lean and UCD as guides. We measure success by making our customers more productive, as both software developers and platform operators. We spend time with our customers to understand and build empathy for the jobs that they need to get done.
- Collaboratively define and drive product strategy, vision and roadmap evangelizing to all the teams, partners and users of Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Work with the team to drive product requirements, design and prototyping process to discover customer problems and create valuable, desirable and feasible solutions.
- Collaboratively define and prioritize a backlog for your product that continuously delivers measurable value towards the vision
- Help innovate and iterate on agile PM processes and share our insights
- Actively engage customers and the larger open source community of users
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Product Management experience, especially with large scale, distributed products
- Able to breakdown complex problems into simple solutions focused on important customer needs
- Strong leadership and communication skills and the ability to teach others
- Ability to work collaboratively with others and navigate complex decision making
- Focused on data-driven approaches to solving problems, and accelerating the learning process to validate solutions
- Ability to collaborate well with engineers, designers, and other partners
- Experience with Lean and User-Centered Design methodologies
- Experience with agile development methodology, ideally Extreme Programming
- Understanding of the IT operations or software development space with a passion for understanding the life of Enterprise IT Operators and Application Developers
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
About Pivotal Software
About us Pivotal transforms how the world builds software. Pivotal combines the Silicon Valley state of mind, modern approach, and infrastructure with organizations’ core expertise and values. We enable the leading companies in the world to innovate by employing an approach focused on building software. Our methodology is about evolving, in both development and innovation, and our culture is empowering. Our team uses agile and lean approaches to teach next-generation developers to create and build new solutions. We optimize for change so enterprises can move at start-up speeds and with greater business agility. Recent updateSee all See all recent updates
Want to learn more about Pivotal Software? Visit Pivotal Software's website.
Jobs You May Like
Product Design Lead
Scalable Press, San Francisco, CA
Product Designer, TV
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Senior Data Scientist
Discord, 444 De Haro St
Product Manager - Istanbul
Insider, Istanbul, Turkey
Senior Staff Technical Artist
PlayStation, Bend, OR
Product Designer - Optimizations Team
Spot Hero, Chicago