UX Product Designer
Pivotal Software, Atlanta, Georgia
At Pivotal, Silicon Valley is a State of Mind
Product Designer UX - Pivotal Labs
Pivotal’s Story VIDEO
At Pivotal, we are opinionated about the cultural qualities that contribute to better digital products. Our engineers and designers practice pair programming and pair design because we know it’s how to grow our skills and deliver remarkable results. We work in small teams and rotate between them frequently so that we are able to meet new challenges and explore new ideas.
Our methodology is about evolving, in both development and innovation, and our culture is empowering. We subscribe to an ethos of kindness. We make a point to bring empathy to each and every project and are guided by a purposeful mission: to transform how the world builds software.
You have a track record of helping conceive, define and execute user experiences across web and mobile products. Your portfolio will show that you've worked on a range of challenging projects across all steps of the design process: research, prototyping, and aesthetics.
- You maintain a user-centered approach in design perspective and practice
- Collaborate to understand business requirements and work closely with team members to develop solutions
- Lead products through discovery, framing, and iterative delivery
- Commit to exploring and finding the right solution for your users
- Stay up-to-date on the current and best UI and visual design practices and trends
- Evangelize new interface guidelines and design patterns
- Thrive in a highly collaborative, dynamic, agile environment
- Take a quick break to play table tennis, a video game, or just relax
- You have a minimum of 3 years of experience as a Product Designer
- Experience with agile and lean philosophies
- Strong opinions but hold them loosely
- Excellent communication, presentation, and organizational skills with a strong work ethic
- A portfolio of design work that is clear and professional
- A dedication to lifelong design learning
- Ability to rapidly iterate on prototypes
- Proficiency in Creative Suite and/or Sketch or some equivalent
- An understanding of HTML / CSS / JS
- You have 5 years of experience as a Product Designer
- User research experience in technical domains
- Visual identity and branding experience
- Some fancy illustration skills
- The ability to code your own prototypes
- Experience with data visualization
- Consistently lead user research projects
To help share a bit more about life at Pivotal here are a few resources in addition to the job description that can give you an inside look at what life is like at Pivotal. Hopefully, you'll take the leap of faith and apply.
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider you for this role regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
About Pivotal Software
About us Pivotal transforms how the world builds software. Pivotal combines the Silicon Valley state of mind, modern approach, and infrastructure with organizations’ core expertise and values. We enable the leading companies in the world to innovate by employing an approach focused on building software. Our methodology is about evolving, in both development and innovation, and our culture is empowering. Our team uses agile and lean approaches to teach next-generation developers to create and build new solutions. We optimize for change so enterprises can move at start-up speeds and with greater business agility. Recent updateSee all See all recent updates