Senior UX Designer - Cloud Foundry
Pivotal Software, Dublin, Ireland
At Pivotal, Silicon Valley is a State of Mind
About Us VIDEO
Founded in 2013, Pivotal Software, Inc., combines our leading cloud-native platform, tools, and methodology to empower the world’s largest organizations to adapt to change and build great software. Our technology unleashes developer productivity, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
Your Role as a Designer at Pivotal
Bring the power of continuous learning at scale
As a Designer at Pivotal R&D you will apply your craft on a range of products, services, and experiments. Our culture provides opportunity to explore around the technologies we’re researching and investing in. Some of your work will be very practical user interface design, applied to software used by thousands of people. Other work will be speculative, generative explorations that you carry out in partnership across the organization to flesh out, frame, and help prioritize solutions in an ever evolving and complex problem space.
What you’ll be doing
In this role, you will research, collate and synthesize user needs to help conceive, define, and evolve solutions for our users across a range of mediums and experiences. Your portfolio will show that you've worked in complex problem areas across all steps of the design process: research, prototyping, and visual design. In addition you will be expected to:
- Integrate design methodologies on a team of multidisciplinary practitioners and help solve complex problems
- Build and share empathy with people in order to deeply understand them and their needs
- Advocate for users and delivering designs in a dynamic work environment
- Advocate, mentor and educate on the benefits of design thinking to product teams and new designers alike
- Find a way through fuzzy, complicated, organizational systems
- Know how to derive insights from data and build those into an actionable plan
- Design and facilitate co-creation design workshops
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Engineers on teams to promote a ‘think bigger and act smaller’ mentality
- Present work, concepts and new ideas early and often
Who we are looking for
- We are currently looking for candidates with extensive experience contributing on cross discipline teams. We are looking for someone who can help hire, mentor and train people
- We are looking for someone who can be an expert and advocate for user centered design methods, undertaking explorations into new technologies and territories while also delivering practical designs in a fast-moving product-service ecology
- We are passionate about building teams with a wide variety of experience, backgrounds and interests.
What’s it like to work at Pivotal
At Pivotal, we are passionate on learning about the cultural qualities that contribute to better digital products. Engineers, designers and product managers practice cross discipline pairing because we know this is how to grow skills, increase collaboration and deliver remarkable results. We work in small teams, and rotate between them frequently, so that we are able to identify opportunities and explore new ideas.
Our methodology is about evolving, in both development and innovation, and our culture is empowering. We subscribe to an ethos of kindness. We make a point to bring empathy to each and every project, and are guided by a purposeful mission: to transform how the world builds software.
About Pivotal Software
About us Pivotal transforms how the world builds software. Pivotal combines the Silicon Valley state of mind, modern approach, and infrastructure with organizations’ core expertise and values. We enable the leading companies in the world to innovate by employing an approach focused on building software. Our methodology is about evolving, in both development and innovation, and our culture is empowering. Our team uses agile and lean approaches to teach next-generation developers to create and build new solutions. We optimize for change so enterprises can move at start-up speeds and with greater business agility. Recent updateSee all See all recent updates
Want to learn more about Pivotal Software? Visit Pivotal Software's website.
Jobs You May Like
Associate Product Manager
Insider, Istanbul, Turkey
Project Manager- Product
Tradeshift, London, United Kingdom
Product Manager, Consumer (Ecommerce)
Helix, San Francisco, CA & San Carlos, CA or Denver, CO
Insider, Istanbul, Turkey
Senior Analyst, Natural Gas
Genscape, Boulder Office, Houston Office,
Sr. Product Manager - TV
LiveRamp, San Francisco, CA