Senior UX Designer - Cloud Foundry
Pivotal Software, London, United Kingdom
At Pivotal, Silicon Valley is a State of Mind
About Us VIDEO
Founded in 2013, Pivotal Software, Inc., combines our leading cloud-native platform, tools, and methodology to empower the world’s largest organizations to adapt to change and build great software. Our technology unleashes developer productivity, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
As a Designer at Pivotal R&D you will apply your craft broadly across products, services, and experiments. Our culture provides opportunity to explore around the technologies we’re researching and investing in. Some of your contributions will consist of practical interactions applied to software used by thousands of people. Other work will be speculative, generative explorations that you carry out in partnership across the organization to flesh out, frame, and help prioritize solutions in an ever evolving and complex problem space.
At Pivotal, we are passionate on learning about the cultural qualities that contribute to better digital products. Engineers, designers and product managers practice cross discipline pairing because we know this is how to grow skills, increase collaboration and deliver remarkable results. We work in small balanced teams, and rotate between them frequently, so that we are able to discover connected opportunities and explore new ideas together.
Our methodology is about evolving, in both development and innovation, and our culture is empowering. We subscribe to an ethos of kindness. We make a point to bring empathy to each and every project.
In this role, you will research, collate and synthesize user needs to help conceive, define, and evolve solutions for our users across a range of mediums and experiences. Your portfolio will show that you've worked in complex problem areas across all steps of the design process: research, prototyping, and visual design. In addition you should have experience in some of the following:
- Integrate design methodologies on a team of multidisciplinary practitioners and help solve complex problems
- Build and share empathy with people in order to deeply understand them and their needs
- Advocate for users and delivering designs in a dynamic work environment
- Advocate, mentor and educate on the benefits of design thinking to product teams and new designers alike
- Find a way through fuzzy, complicated, organizational systems
- Know how to derive insights from data and build those into an actionable plan
- Design and facilitate co-creation design workshops
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Engineers on teams to promote a ‘think bigger and act smaller’ mentality
- Present work, concepts and new ideas early and often
Desired skills and experience
- We are looking for someone who can be an expert and advocate for user centered design methods, undertaking explorations into new technologies and territories while also delivering practical designs in a fast-moving product-service ecology
- Ability to advocate for user centered design methods
- Being okay with the uncomfortable feeling that comes from learning new things
- We are looking for a designer with experience contributing on cross discipline teams (e.g. working closely with engineering and Product Managers)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About Pivotal Software
About us Pivotal transforms how the world builds software. Pivotal combines the Silicon Valley state of mind, modern approach, and infrastructure with organizations’ core expertise and values. We enable the leading companies in the world to innovate by employing an approach focused on building software. Our methodology is about evolving, in both development and innovation, and our culture is empowering. Our team uses agile and lean approaches to teach next-generation developers to create and build new solutions. We optimize for change so enterprises can move at start-up speeds and with greater business agility. Recent updateSee all See all recent updates
Want to learn more about Pivotal Software? Visit Pivotal Software's website.
Jobs You May Like
Zoox, Foster City, CA
Senior Software Engineer, Android Product Engineering
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Magic Leap, Inc., San Francisco, CA
Systems Engineer - Process Assurance
Zoox, Foster City, CA
Senior UX Designer - Payments
Shopify, Montreal - Office
Palantir Technologies, New York, NY