.Net Solution Architect - Application Transformation
Pivotal Software, Berlin
At Pivotal, Silicon Valley is a State of Mind
Pivotal's Story (Video)
As a recognized leader in disciplined agile and lean software development practices, Pivotal combines the Silicon Valley state of mind, modern approach, and infrastructure with organizations’ core expertise and values. Our cloud-native platform and suite of data tools drive software innovation for many of the world’s most admired brands, helping enterprises move at start-up speeds and with greater business agility. We optimize for change and teach next-generation developers to create and build new solutions, and are committed to open source and open standards.
Our methodology is about evolving, in both development and innovation, and our culture is empowering. Our 2,000+ employees across offices worldwide subscribe to an ethos of kindness. We make a point to bring empathy to each and every project, and are guided by a purposeful mission—to transform how the world builds software.
You are unique: as a curious, passionate, engaging, hands-on architect you will help customers realize the benefits of cloud native applications and architectures on Pivotal Cloud Foundry. You will also work closely with the Pivotal Cloud Foundry engineering and platform architect teams to transform the way our customers build and run their software.
Our mission is to make customers' use of our products and solutions successful, so that they can more effectively transform their business. Our cross-disciplinary team includes technical account leaders, data scientists, agile specialists, solutions architects, educators on Pivotal technology, and business transformation specialists.
In this role, you will:
- Work on small, focused projects (typically 6 or 10 weeks) in our office and/or at a customer location as part of a balanced team of architects, product managers and business people
- Help customers realize unprecedented returns by transforming existing applications, across a vast spectrum of complexity, language and framework types, to run using Cloud Native patterns and practices
- Coach and mentor customer developers, architects, product owners and operations people as we use agile/XP and techniques like TDD and CI/CD
- Discover, understand and and map existing SDLC processes and deliver automated paths to production for transformed existing applications.
- Continuously learn and be at the leading edge of Pivotal and industry trends
You will also work closely with the Pivotal Cloud Foundry engineering teams to:
- Provide feedback on – and contributions to community projects (like Steeltoe.io) and frameworks built by the Pivotal team that continuously strive to improve the Microsoft developer experience
- Assist Pivotal’s customers in transitioning existing .NET apps to Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Modernize customer applications, incrementally improving infrastructure and app architecture techniques
- Work with Pivotal’s customers to architect and build new cloud native apps
- Become an agent of change within customer organizations
- Willing to travel and work on-site with customers
- You are a great written and verbal communicator, capable of public speaking and presenting in front of customers, at user groups, etc.
- Experience building distributed / service oriented / microservice-style and cloud based application architectures
- Have an understanding of – or implementation experience in – building Twelve-Factor applications, and using Domain Driven Design
- You are a .NET expert, with experience and familiarity building Cloud and Azure applications using .NET Core and MVC; you have a strong background with Microsoft and related developer frameworks and products like Biztalk Server
- You are an Agile practitioner with 8+ years of software development experience, familiar with extreme programming, test driven development, pairing, continuous integration, continuous delivery, and related techniques
- You are a polyglot programmer (you might have used Angular, C#, F#, Go, etc.)
- Experience with Azure
- Experience with Cloud Foundry
About Pivotal Software
About us Pivotal transforms how the world builds software. Pivotal combines the Silicon Valley state of mind, modern approach, and infrastructure with organizations’ core expertise and values. We enable the leading companies in the world to innovate by employing an approach focused on building software. Our methodology is about evolving, in both development and innovation, and our culture is empowering. Our team uses agile and lean approaches to teach next-generation developers to create and build new solutions. We optimize for change so enterprises can move at start-up speeds and with greater business agility. Recent updateSee all See all recent updates
Want to learn more about Pivotal Software? Visit Pivotal Software's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Data Platform Engineer
SendGrid, Redwood City
Senior Mobile Engineer
Class Pass, New York
A/V Support Engineer
Software Engineer, Infrastructure Services
Credit Karma, San Francisco, CA
Cloud Systems Developer
Cloudreach, Seattle, Atlanta, Remote US
Acquia, Portland, OR or Remote, US