Lead Software Engineer - Java
Pivotal Software, London
At Pivotal, Silicon Valley is a State of Mind
About Us VIDEO
Founded in 2013, Pivotal Software, Inc., combines our leading cloud-native platform, tools, and methodology to empower the world’s largest organizations to adapt to change and build great software. Our technology unleashes developer productivity, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
- Solutions architecture and/or software architecture with Java
- Current hands on Java development (expert)
- Senior stakeholder management
- Consulting with customers
- Building and modernising software that is distributed / service oriented / microservice-style and cloud based application architectures
- Spring / Spring Boot (ideally a strong background with Spring and related projects)
- Building enterprise applications, including integration with middleware COTS systems
- Agile & XP practitioner: test driven development, pairing, continuous integration, continuous delivery and familiar with extreme programming.
- You are a polyglot programmer (you might have used JavaEE, C#, Go, etc.)
- Experience integrating with Netflix OSS components (Eureka, Hystrix, Ribbon, etc.)
- Experience with Cloud Foundry and Kubernetes as an application developer and/or operator.
In this role, you will:
- Help customers realize unprecedented returns by transforming existing applications, across a vast spectrum of complexity, language and framework types, to run using Cloud Native patterns and practices
- Work on small, focused projects (typically 6 or 10 weeks) in our office and/or at a customer location as part of a balanced team of architects, product managers and business people
- Coach and mentor customer developers, architects, product owners and operations people as we use agile/XP and techniques like TDD and CI/CD
- Discover, understand and and map existing SDLC processes and deliver automated paths to production for transformed existing applications.
- Continuously learn and be at the leading edge of Pivotal and industry trends
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
About Pivotal Software
About us Pivotal transforms how the world builds software. Pivotal combines the Silicon Valley state of mind, modern approach, and infrastructure with organizations’ core expertise and values. We enable the leading companies in the world to innovate by employing an approach focused on building software. Our methodology is about evolving, in both development and innovation, and our culture is empowering. Our team uses agile and lean approaches to teach next-generation developers to create and build new solutions. We optimize for change so enterprises can move at start-up speeds and with greater business agility. Recent updateSee all See all recent updates
Want to learn more about Pivotal Software? Visit Pivotal Software's website.
Jobs You May Like
Security Software Engineer
Gusto, San Francisco
Sr Quality Assurance Engineer - Japan Certification Engineer
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Solution Engineer, Mid-Market
OneLogin, San Francisco HQ
Third Party Security Program Manager
Twilio, San Francisco, CA
Client Platform Engineer
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, Palo Alto
Senior Software Engineer, Programmatic
Intersection, New York