Java Technical Lead (remote + client site)
Pivotal Software, remote or Paris + client site
At Pivotal, Silicon Valley is a State of Mind
About Us VIDEO
Founded in 2013, Pivotal Software, Inc., combines our leading cloud-native platform, tools, and methodology to empower the world’s largest organizations to adapt to change and build great software. Our technology unleashes developer productivity, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
- Current hands-on Java development (expert)
- Senior stakeholder management
- Consulting with customers
- Building and modernising software that is distributed / service oriented / microservice-style and cloud based application architectures
- Spring / Spring Boot (ideally a strong background with Spring and related projects)
- Building enterprise applications, including integration with middleware COTS systems
- Agile & XP practitioner: test driven development, pairing, continuous integration, continuous delivery and familiar with extreme programming.
- German language skills both written and verbal
- You are a polyglot programmer (you might have used JavaEE, C#, Go, etc.)
- Experience integrating with Netflix OSS components (Eureka, Hystrix, Ribbon, etc.)
- Experience with Cloud Foundry and Kubernetes as an application developer and/or operator.
- Solutions architecture and/or software architecture with Java
In this role, you will:
- Help customers realize unprecedented returns by transforming existing applications, across a vast spectrum of complexity, language and framework types, to run using Cloud Native patterns and practices
- Work on small, focused projects (typically 6 or 10 weeks) in our office and/or at a customer location as part of a balanced team of architects, product managers and business people
- Coach and mentor customer developers, architects, product owners and operations people as we use agile/XP and techniques like TDD and CI/CD
- Discover, understand and map existing SDLC processes and deliver automated paths to production for transformed existing applications.
- Continuously learn and be at the leading edge of Pivotal and industry trends
This role will require travel to and work at clients sites all over Germany and Europe (mainly Germany), however, you will only be required to be away 3 nights/4 days per week( back home Thursday evening and work from home Friday When you are not on a client site you can work from home remotely or in one of the Pivotal offices (Berlin, Paris or London). As this role will be working across Europe, candidates will require the relevant right to work visa/work permit which is usually an EU passport.
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
About Pivotal Software
About us Pivotal transforms how the world builds software. Pivotal combines the Silicon Valley state of mind, modern approach, and infrastructure with organizations’ core expertise and values. We enable the leading companies in the world to innovate by employing an approach focused on building software. Our methodology is about evolving, in both development and innovation, and our culture is empowering. Our team uses agile and lean approaches to teach next-generation developers to create and build new solutions. We optimize for change so enterprises can move at start-up speeds and with greater business agility. Recent updateSee all See all recent updates
Want to learn more about Pivotal Software? Visit Pivotal Software's website.
Jobs You May Like
React Native Developer (desktop app)
Dashlane, Paris, France
Security Sales Engineer
Rapid7, São Paulo, Brazil
Senior Systems Engineer
TripAdvisor, Needham, MA
Full Stack Software Developer
Unbabel, Lisbon, Portugal
Member of Technical Staff, Data Platform
Rubrik, Palo Alto, CA
Software Engineer | News Group
Time Inc., New York, NY