Solutions Architect -Pivotal Cloud Foundry Solutions
Pivotal Software, Toronto
At Pivotal, Silicon Valley is a State of Mind
PIVOTAL’S STORY (VIDEO)
As a recognized leader in disciplined agile and lean software development practices, Pivotal combines the Silicon Valley state of mind, modern approach, and infrastructure with organizations’ core expertise and values. Our cloud-native platform and suite of data tools drive software innovation for many of the world’s most admired brands, helping enterprises move at start-up speeds and with greater business agility. We optimize for change and teach next-generation developers to create and build new solutions, and are committed to open source and open standards.
Our methodology is about evolving, in both development and innovation, and our culture is empowering. Our 3,000+ employees across offices worldwide subscribe to an ethos of kindness. We make a point to bring empathy to each and every project and are guided by a purposeful mission—to transform how the world builds software.
You are unique: as an exceptional, passionate, customer facing, hands-on Solution Architect you will help customers transform to realize the benefits of cloud native applications and architectures on Pivotal Cloud Foundry. You will also work closely with the Pivotal Cloud Foundry engineering and platform architect teams to transform the way our customers build and run their software. You are a problem solver and the thought of collaborating with a team to help companies transform to meet the challenges of tomorrow excites you. You enjoying working with other people and are motivated by creating “lightbulb” moments for the people you work with.
The Pivotal Cloud Foundry Solutions team strives to make our customers’ use of Pivotal Cloud Foundry successful. It turns out that successful use of technology requires some changes in people and process. We help our customers use a product-centric mindset to build a balanced team and a streamlined pathway to production, leaving app product teams unencumbered to deliver value to their customers. Our Product Managers and Platform Engineers pair with customer counterparts to transfer knowledge, culture and practices while achieving project goals.
In this role, you will:
- Build balanced customer platform product teams delivering “Platform” as a capability within their organization
- Create and implement infrastructure architectures for Pivotal Cloud Foundry deployments
- Establish continuous delivery pipelines for deployment of Pivotal Cloud Foundry and related products in a customer’s infrastructure
- Design and implement continuous integration and continuous delivery processes to deliver customer apps to production, fostering a culture of continuous process improvement
- Provide operational assistance and guidance for Pivotal Cloud Foundry including; monitoring, management, disaster recovery, security compliance/auditing, networking, storage, service brokers and build packs
- Work with customer platform teams to establish Service Level Objectives (SLOs), Recovery Point Objectives (RPOs), and Recovery Time Objectives (RTOs) for their offerings, along with associated monitoring
- Work with customer platform engineers to minimize and automate toil
- Continuously learn and be at the leading edge of Pivotal and industry trends
Ultimately, you will become an agent of change within customer organizations.
IDEAL SKILLS / EXPERIENCES
- You have been a part of or led agile development teams
- You have worked with Concourse, Spinnaker, Jenkins, Bamboo, TeamCity or other Continuous Integration tools
- You are experienced in VMware vSphere / ESXi / NSX-T
- You have expert knowledge of networking and related technologies (e.g. load balancing / DNS / SSL / firewalls / NAT / SDN)
- You have expert knowledge of Linux / Unix systems
- You are experienced in using git
- You have experience in release management
- Experience supporting production systems using Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) practices
PREFERRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCES
- Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud or OpenStack experience
- Experience with Kubernetes, Chef, Ansible, BOSH, or related automation / orchestration tools
- Experience with a platform as a service product such as Cloud Foundry, Heroku, Elastic Beanstalk, or similar
- Some experience working with DNS, NTP, SAML, OAuth 2, Active Directory
- Solid understanding of systems monitoring, alerting and analytics (Prometheus, New Relic, AppDynamics, Cacti, Graphite, ELK, Nagios, Ganglia, Splunk, Log Insight, vRealize Operations, Datadog, etc.)
- A background in Windows deployment, automation, and related technologies
- Experience with database (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, MSSQL) and messaging middleware technologies (e.g. RabbitMQ)
Total Rewards Package
Pay Range: 148750 - 201250 CAD
In addition to salary, our total rewards package also includes equity in the form of RSUs, comprehensive medical and disability benefits, employer match on RRSP, fitness reimbursement programs and more!
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY GPVTL Canada In (“Pivotal”) is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes the value of every individual in creating success for our customers, business partners, shareholders, employees and communities. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, developing and promoting employees without discrimination. Pivotal believes equal opportunity and inclusion are essential to motivate, empower and recognize the best in everyone.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Pivotal is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Pivotal will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email [email protected] or call 416-907-9470 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).
About Pivotal Software
About us Pivotal transforms how the world builds software. Pivotal combines the Silicon Valley state of mind, modern approach, and infrastructure with organizations’ core expertise and values. We enable the leading companies in the world to innovate by employing an approach focused on building software. Our methodology is about evolving, in both development and innovation, and our culture is empowering. Our team uses agile and lean approaches to teach next-generation developers to create and build new solutions. We optimize for change so enterprises can move at start-up speeds and with greater business agility. Recent updateSee all See all recent updates
Want to learn more about Pivotal Software? Visit Pivotal Software's website.
The best bed for better sleep