Account Representative-Pivotal Platform
Pivotal Software, Chicago
At Pivotal, Silicon Valley is a State of Mind
Pivotal’s Story VIDEO
Founded in 2013, Pivotal Software, Inc., combines our leading cloud-native platform, tools, and methodology to empower the world’s largest organizations to adapt, to change and build great software. Our technology unleashes developer productivity, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds softw
We are looking for a software sales professional who can identify and qualify Pivotal Platform and services opportunities across our top customer pursuits. You will be responsible for generating net new business and growing relationships within new accounts. Success in this role requires the same characteristics our most successful account executives have in common; customer-focus, collaboration, and a drive for continuous improvement. You will be responsible for actively leading business development activities including prospecting, qualifying, and closing new enterprise clients for your assigned accounts in partnership with account executives across the team.
Pivotal Sales has a unique opportunity to help some of the biggest brands in major industries create new digital experiences and rediscover the power of software by using Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Pivotal Labs, and Pivotal Data. We are seeing a surge in demand from clients in the Central area who are transforming their software delivery capability and building cloud-native applications to drive customer engagement, and building out a team to support the market opportunity.
You carry the baton at the start of the sales cycle and pursue sales opportunities in the market. Interacting with C/VP/Director-level contacts and your internal balanced account team, you will be helping Fortune 1000 enterprises drive their digital transformation strategies.
Required Skills / Experiences
- 3-5 years of direct selling experience with a focus on business outcomes
- Proven consultative sales skills with the ability to close business
- Ability to identify and qualify sales opportunities
- Ability to build relationships within a broad set of accounts and internal stakeholders
- Ability to manage a sales process
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Strong presentation, written, and verbal communication skills
- A bachelor’s degree
Desired Skills / Experiences
- Knowledge of DevOps, PaaS, Agile, Containers
- Experience of selling and driving adoption of Enterprise applications in Java EE/.Net environments; Cloud native applications experience would be an asset
- Experience using a consultative sales and client management approach
- Ability to stay up to date on the industry landscape and be able to spot opportunities for selling Pivotal services (and know when to engage Pivotal’s partners)
- Previous experience of working in a Start-Up environment is a plus
- Proficient in Salesforce or comparable sales management CRM
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
About Pivotal Software
About us Pivotal transforms how the world builds software. Pivotal combines the Silicon Valley state of mind, modern approach, and infrastructure with organizations’ core expertise and values. We enable the leading companies in the world to innovate by employing an approach focused on building software. Our methodology is about evolving, in both development and innovation, and our culture is empowering. Our team uses agile and lean approaches to teach next-generation developers to create and build new solutions. We optimize for change so enterprises can move at start-up speeds and with greater business agility. Recent updateSee all See all recent updates
Want to learn more about Pivotal Software? Visit Pivotal Software's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one
Jobs You May Like
Associate Account Supervisor/Account Supervisor
BGB Group, New York, NY