Director - Platform Architecture, EMEA
Pivotal Software, London
At Pivotal, Silicon Valley is a State of Mind
Pivotal’s Story VIDEO
At Pivotal, our mission is to provide the software and expertise to enable customers to build a new class of digital applications as they transform their business. We have a unique opportunity to help our customers transform using Pivotal Labs and Pivotal Cloud Foundry and we are seeing a huge increase in demand from clients who are transforming their software delivery capability and building cloud native applications to drive customer engagement.
The Director of Platform Architecture is a proven people manager with technology leadership skills who is responsible for the EMEA Platform Architecture team. You are expected to ensure the enablement of the team, develop strategies to achieve the PCF revenue targets, and direct resources toward the most profitable and strategic sales opportunities.
- Leads, manages and motivates a team of Platform Architects (pre-sales specialists) across EMEA
- Continually develops the talent in the Platform Architect organisation to meet current and future business needs. Ensures continuous performance feedback, skills assessment and individual development plans are integrated across the team
- Create Platform Architect resource plan to support the EMEA business plan
- Works closely with Sales to manage the coverage model and ensure that customers are aligned with the right resources to deliver on commitments and drive results.
- Responsible for driving an efficient hiring process, building a talent pipeline of potential candidates and meeting the Platform Architect headcount plan.
- Partners with VP Sales to set sales strategy for PCF in EMEA. Works with regional Sales Leadership to establish strategic plans and objectives
- Participate in, and contribute to sales forecast and pipeline reviews
- Reviews account penetration strategies for critical accounts. Leverages knowledge of PCF competitive solutions to effectively position a Pivotal solution and prepares the sales organization for customer objections.
- Drive consistency of approach and ensuring best practices are applied across all teams
- Ensures Engagement and Consumption Plans are completed successfully
- Builds and maintains senior customer relationships and acts as EMEA escalation point for major technical issues
- Presents Pivotal value proposition to Key customers, and represent the company as a senior technical leader.
- Manages business networks across the organization and customer base in support of PCF sales objectives
- Provide feedback to R&D on PCF product/solution needs to meet customer requirements
- At least 10 years’ experience leading highly skilled pre-sales teams within the enterprise software market
- A proven thought and technical leader within DevOps, IaaS, and/or PaaS or related technology
- Ability to lead in a constantly evolving environment, manage multiple priorities and ambiguity.
- Ability to navigate within a matrix organization and influence senior leadership
- Track record of actively participating in large, complex sales engagements with relationships with C-Level Executives.
- Executive level business acumen which enables you to serve as a thought partner with customers
- Exceptional presentation skills with the ability to articulate complex technologies.
- Decisive, results and execution orientated with demonstrable achievement of success
- Proactive communication style, with proven ability to build trust and respect from the team.
- Demonstrated success in hiring, motivating and retaining world class international teams
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a STEM major
- Must be willing to travel across EMEA.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About Pivotal Software
About us Pivotal transforms how the world builds software. Pivotal combines the Silicon Valley state of mind, modern approach, and infrastructure with organizations’ core expertise and values. We enable the leading companies in the world to innovate by employing an approach focused on building software. Our methodology is about evolving, in both development and innovation, and our culture is empowering. Our team uses agile and lean approaches to teach next-generation developers to create and build new solutions. We optimize for change so enterprises can move at start-up speeds and with greater business agility. Recent updateSee all See all recent updates
Want to learn more about Pivotal Software? Visit Pivotal Software's website.
Jobs You May Like
Cloudflare, London, United Kingdom
EMEA Benefits Specialist
Shopify, Remote in Ireland, United Kingdom or Germany
Cloudflare, London, UK
Department Administrative Assistant
Stevens Transport, Dallas, TX
MongoDB, New York City
Liftoff, Palo Alto