Senior Software Developer - Cloud Foundry
Pivotal Software, Dublin, Ireland
At Pivotal, Silicon Valley is a State of Mind
Our Cloud Foundry team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Dublin team (based in Dogpatch Labs in the CHQ Building, Dublin 1). We build and work with cloud technologies such as Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes, RabbitMQ, Redis and containers.
What we do
- Create cloud technologies
- used by tens of thousands of software engineers worldwide
- Pair programming
- we pair on all our production code
- Test first
- we TDD all our production code
- CI (Continuous Integration) everything
- we care so much about automation, we built concourse
- Lots of Open Source and cutting edge technologies
- Sustainable pace (dinner at home!)
What we look for in a candidate
- An aptitude and willingness to learn
We’re looking for smart, creative people who want to continuously learn as they go. Software changes fast and what is relevant today will be legacy tomorrow.
Below is a list of skills we value. This is not a checklist. If you have some of these skills, and want to grow into others, then we want to hear from you.
- An ability to research problems and break them into deliverable parts
- An appetite to work in a large scale Lean XP environment: 500 people, in 7 offices around the world
- An ability to work in a pair programming environment
- A working knowledge of Agile, Lean and XP methodologies or desire to learn
- A background in software engineering; or a degree in Computer Science or other related field
- An ability to dive into a large polyglot codebase and contribute as you learn in languages such as Go, Ruby, Python, Java or .NET
- An interest in exploring new programming paradigms, languages, and patterns
- Operations or Systems Administration experience, particularly on Linux
- A desire to automate all the things!
- Experience with, or willingness to learn vSphere, AWS, GCP and Azure
- Used Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Open source experience
- Experience operating the software that you write: You built it, you ran it!
We believe Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) is integral to everything we do as a company and our investment in these efforts is a function of our core values as a company: Doing the Right Thing, Doing What Works and Being Kind. Learn more about our culture here.
About Pivotal Software
About us Pivotal transforms how the world builds software. Pivotal combines the Silicon Valley state of mind, modern approach, and infrastructure with organizations’ core expertise and values. We enable the leading companies in the world to innovate by employing an approach focused on building software. Our methodology is about evolving, in both development and innovation, and our culture is empowering. Our team uses agile and lean approaches to teach next-generation developers to create and build new solutions. We optimize for change so enterprises can move at start-up speeds and with greater business agility. Recent updateSee all See all recent updates
Want to learn more about Pivotal Software? Visit Pivotal Software's website.
Jobs You May Like
Technology Director, Thermostat
Associate Director, Quality Compliance
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Senior Software Engineer (London, UK)
Credit Karma, London, UK
Lead Software Engineer - Mobile Security
Shopify, Montreal, Canada
Engineering Manager - AbiliTec Services
LiveRamp, LIttle Rock, AR
Full Stack Engineer (India)
NerdWallet, Bengaluru, India