About Us VIDEO
Founded in 2013, Pivotal Software, Inc., combines our leading cloud-native platform, tools, and methodology to empower the world’s largest organizations to adapt to change and build great software. Our technology unleashes developer productivity, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
The Senior Platform Architect is responsible for providing deep technical and business expertise with regards to the Pivotal Cloud Platform products as well as have the capabilities to install, connect, and use these products. The individual will interface directly with customers and sales representatives during the pre-sales process as well as collaborate with Product Management as a field representative on the development of products and enhancements.
- Present Pivotal vision, strategy and product roadmaps to executives and technical management/contributors
- Drive the adoption of Pivotal Cloud Platform solutions within strategic accounts moving current installations from departmental to enterprise
- Provide expert technical pre-sales support for customer opportunities and be able to qualify prospects both technically and from a business driver perspective. This includes identification of key stakeholders, value propositions, compelling events and economic buyers.
- Conduct pre-sales POCs involving applications and solutions. This will involve installing Pivotal products and many times, integrating other products with that install to showcase the technology
- Maintain deep technical and business knowledge of software applications development industry directions and trends
- Maintain working knowledge of competitor products and how to technically sell against them
- Provide consultative support to the Field and Education organizations for development of deep technical GTM training material and positioning
- Work collaboratively with Product Management, Product Marketing, and Engineering as needed during the development, launch and continuing refinement of Pivotal products
- Maintain, grow, and leverage technical pre-sales relationships with key VMware, EMC, and Partner field organizations
- Evangelize the value of Pivotal products in architectures and deployments.
- 7+ years of experience in technology related work, including roles such as architect, pre-sales engineer and/or customer-facing consultant in environments building and deploying production systems to a cloud (DevOps)
- Must have a solid understanding of a logical selling model and enterprise software sales, preferably Platform-as-a-Service sales
- Intimate, architect level knowledge and experience with building and deploying enterprise applications to Java EE environments and leveraging database technologies
- Comfortable in Java or Ruby, ideally significant experience with Java SE and Java EE
- Experience with the Spring Framework (Spring Boot & Spring Cloud) and Agile Development is a plus; Cloud Foundry experience is a distinct advantage
- Data-related expertise, e.g. CAP, Object storage, Relational, Key/Value, NoSQL Database development etc, is an advantage.
- Proven ability to demonstrate technology solutions in an enterprise customer environment to prove out a solution or validate a technical concept
- Enthusiastic, self-starter with a charismatic personality, not afraid to take on hard technical challenges
- Proven track record of consulting and selling services as part of a solution
- Ability to see and present 'the big picture', uncover business challenges, and offer/architect a custom to solve those challenges
- Accomplished presenter of sales and technical material to both small and large groups; ability to present impromptu and via a whiteboard is desirable
- Excellent communication skills; strong listening and question based selling skills; strong customer facing and relationship building skills
- Must be effective in working both independently and in a team setting
Pivotal offers a competitive compensation/benefits package as well as equity in our company.
About Pivotal Software
About us Pivotal transforms how the world builds software. Pivotal combines the Silicon Valley state of mind, modern approach, and infrastructure with organizations’ core expertise and values. We enable the leading companies in the world to innovate by employing an approach focused on building software. Our methodology is about evolving, in both development and innovation, and our culture is empowering. Our team uses agile and lean approaches to teach next-generation developers to create and build new solutions. We optimize for change so enterprises can move at start-up speeds and with greater business agility. Recent updateSee all See all recent updates