As a recognized leader in disciplined agile and lean software development practices, Pivotal combines the Silicon Valley state of mind, modern approach, and infrastructure with organizations’ core expertise and values. Our cloud-native platform and suite of data tools drive software innovation for many of the world’s most admired brands, helping enterprises move at start-up speeds and with greater business agility. We optimize for change and teach next-generation developers to create and build new solutions, and are committed to open source and open standards.
Our methodology is about evolving, in both development and innovation, and our culture is empowering. Our 2,000+ employees across offices worldwide subscribe to an ethos of kindness. We make a point to bring empathy to each and every project, and are guided by a purposeful mission—to transform how the world builds software.
Become part of the Finance and Accounting team at Pivotal as an Accountant specializing in EMEA accounting and compliance. You will be responsible for the monthly US GAAP accounting & reporting, and associated local compliance work for Pivotal legal entities in EMEA, primarily in Germany, Italy, and Netherlands. This position will report into the EMEA Accounting Supervisor and will involve interactions with the Senior Accounting Manager’s in both Ireland and US along with other key members of the wider Finance team, including Tax, FP&A, and Functional Finance. This role requires the ability to work under pressure and with urgency, while also demonstrating the ability to work independently and with several team members. Success in this role will lead to development and growth opportunities as Pivotal grows.
Pivotal’s Finance, Operations, and Real Estate teams create the commercial, physical, and cultural frameworks that help us grow and scale. We collaborate to keep our business running smoothly and ensure we stay on track to meet (and exceed) our goals. We also design and support work environments that reflect our culture and help you reach your highest potential.
- Responsibility for the month-end US GAAP Close process for assigned EMEA legal entities in compliance with the Corporate month-end calendar
- Record monthly and quarterly journal entries to ensure the integrity of the General Ledger
- Monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations in adherence with Company policy
- Responsibility for local statutory audits / annual reports, tax returns and VAT filings and ensuring deadlines are met
- Ensuring intercompany charges are processed accurately and are in line with intercompany agreements
- Responsibility for maintaining relationship with external service providers
- Interaction with wider Accounting team during the month and also with the Tax & Functional Finance groups
- Provide support for on-going Corporate projects
Required Skills / Experiences
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting / Finance
- Qualified Accountant from a recognized Institute
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- 3-4 years accounting experience
- Proficient with MS Office applications, in particular Microsoft Excel
Desired Skills / Experiences
- Knowledge of US GAAP accounting principles
- Understanding of bridging US GAAP to Local GAAP for local statutory filing purposes
- Experience with Workday, SAP, or similar accounting software is desirable
- Ability to liaise with multiple organizations and departments (both internal & external)
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Analytical ability
- Problem solving skills
- Cross-functional skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to multitask while demonstrating a sense of urgency
- Motivated self-starter
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
About Pivotal Software
About us Pivotal transforms how the world builds software. Pivotal combines the Silicon Valley state of mind, modern approach, and infrastructure with organizations’ core expertise and values. We enable the leading companies in the world to innovate by employing an approach focused on building software. Our methodology is about evolving, in both development and innovation, and our culture is empowering. Our team uses agile and lean approaches to teach next-generation developers to create and build new solutions. We optimize for change so enterprises can move at start-up speeds and with greater business agility. Recent updateSee all See all recent updates
Want to learn more about Pivotal Software? Visit Pivotal Software's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis
LiveRamp, San Francisco, CA
Counsel, Business & Legal Affairs, International Originals
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Clearance Coordinator, Content & Brand Intellectual Property
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Fulfillment Lead - Tulsa
Enjoy, Tulsa, OK
Oscar, New York, NY
Senior Payroll Manager
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA