Senior Product Designer (UX and Visual) - Pivotal Labs
Pivotal Software, Old Street, London
At Pivotal, Silicon Valley is a State of Mind
We are currently looking for an experienced Product Designer to join our consulting team and help us continue to innovate in this ever evolving field. We bring together user-centred design, lean and agile philosophies to help our clients learn best practices and ship innovative products. This role will include the full spectrum of product design: User Research, User Experience, Interaction, and Visual Design.
Why we love what we do (and so could you)
- You'll work in a seriously collaborative environment, even with people not on your team.
- You'll immerse yourself in one project at a time, making decisions for the end user daily and constantly speaking to real users.
- You’ll be part of an autonomous, cross-disciplinary product team, working together with your client counterparts to deliver a successful product.
- You’ll be involved for the end to end project lifecycle. From early discovery research all the way to delivery.
- Everyday is completely different to the next. On any day, you might be running user interviews, pairing with a developer, designing mockups, building prototypes, facilitating workshops or doing whatever else needs to be done.
- You'll see your products be built and delivered, while working side-by-side with product managers and developers to iterate and get better as we go. We are always shipping.
- You'll have freedom to try out new design methods and tools - in the spirit of agile, do what works, try new things, and stop doing things that don't work. You will always be supported in your learning and professional growth. Our environment is built for learning, and the resources and knowledge you can draw upon from your Pivotal Labs colleagues (both in London and abroad) is huge. We also have a personal yearly professional development budget, and are encouraged to use it.
- This also means you have the opportunity to share your expertise and mentor others.
- We are involved in the design community around London - whether it's hosting events, organising our own events, or giving talks and workshops, we like to meet other designers and give back to the community.
- All the designers at Labs have different skill sets: you’re not expected to be an expert in everything, but having access to someone who probably is means we all get smarter by teaching and learning from each other.
How you can become a Pivot
- Be open-minded, creative, and self-critical
- Be collaborative, communicative, and happy thinking aloud
- Be committed to continuously learning
- Have experience with user centred design
- Have experience with agile and lean philosophies
- Have worked independently with clients
- Be interested in sharing your expertise with clients
- Have experience conducting user research, interviews, and analysis
- Have experience in visual design - creating visual identity systems, data visualizations, icons, etc
- Have experience producing materials including user flows, wireframes, mockups, live style guides, and assets
- Have experience with grid systems, responsive design, a variety of mobile and web pattern libraries.
- Bonus: experience with implementing design, HTML/CSS, modern front-end frameworks
- 1+ years experience with agile and/or lean philosophy and methods
- 5+ years experience in related field. Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in design-related discipline (preferred, but not required)
Apply by sending us a link to your portfolio and a curriculum vitae
Pivotal’s Story VIDEO
As a recognised leader in disciplined agile and lean software development practices, Pivotal combines the Silicon Valley state of mind, modern approach, and infrastructure with organisations’ core expertise and values. Our cloud-native platform and suite of data tools drive software innovation for many of the world’s most admired brands, helping enterprises move at start-up speeds and with greater business agility. We optimise for change and teach next-generation product teams to create and build new solutions, and are committed to open source and open standards.
Our methodology is about evolving, in both development and innovation, and our culture is empowering. Our 2,000+ employees across offices worldwide subscribe to an ethos of kindness. We make a point to bring empathy to each and every project, and are guided by a purposeful mission—to transform how the world builds software.
We believe diversity is important at all levels. Research has shown that overall women self-nominate for positions at a lower rate than men. We encourage everyone who is interested in the role to apply! Even if you're not ready now you’ll have the opportunity to receive feedback on which skills you should grow to become a strong future candidate.
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
About Pivotal Software
About us Pivotal transforms how the world builds software. Pivotal combines the Silicon Valley state of mind, modern approach, and infrastructure with organizations’ core expertise and values. We enable the leading companies in the world to innovate by employing an approach focused on building software. Our methodology is about evolving, in both development and innovation, and our culture is empowering. Our team uses agile and lean approaches to teach next-generation developers to create and build new solutions. We optimize for change so enterprises can move at start-up speeds and with greater business agility. Recent updateSee all See all recent updates
Want to learn more about Pivotal Software? Visit Pivotal Software's website.
Jobs You May Like
Lead Software Developer
Automation Engineer - Kubernetes
Uptake, 600 W Chicago Ave, Chicago, IL 60654 ste 620
AI/Machine Learning Senior Engineer (Java & Python)
Twilio, San Francisco, CA
Full Stack Engineer
Uptake, 5770 Hurontario St, Mississauga, ON ste 310
Formlabs, Somerville, MA
Principal Software Engineer