Solution Architect - Application Transformation
Pivotal Software, Tokyo
At Pivotal, Silicon Valley is a State of Mind
Solutions Architect - Application Transformation
Job Location: Tokio, Japan
About your potential future team:
Pivotal Application Transformation, APJ is a regional Pivotal consulting team, and a recognized leader in software modernization. We work with many of the world’s most influential companies, helping them not only build great software but modernize existing, mission-critical software into cloud-native applications so they can leverage Pivotal’s cloud-based IAAS and PAAS offerings (Platform / Infrastructure as a Service). Our approach is constantly evolving and is informed by over 30 years of experience and continuous improvement, and blends agile/XP with Domain-Driven Design and cutting cloud-native application transformation strategies.
A typical day in this role
- Work on small, focused projects (typically 6 or 10 weeks) in our office and/or at a customer location as part of a balanced team of architects, product managers and business people
- Help customers realize unprecedented returns by transforming existing applications, across a vast spectrum of complexity, language and framework types, to run using Cloud Native patterns and practices
- Coach and mentor customer developers, architects, product owners and operations people as we use agile/XP and techniques like TDD and CI/CD
- Discover, understand and map existing SDLC processes and deliver automated paths to production for transformed existing applications.
- Continuously learn and be at the leading edge of Pivotal and industry trends
You will also work closely with the Spring and Pivotal Cloud Foundry engineering team to:
- Provide feedback on – and contributions to – the Spring and Cloud Foundry open source projects, potentially becoming a core committer
- Assist Pivotal’s customers in migrating existing apps to Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Modernize customer applications, incrementally improving infrastructure and app architecture techniques
- Work with Pivotal’s customers to architect and build new cloud native apps
- Become an agent of change within customer organizations
- Willing to travel and work on-site with customers
- Fluent in business level English
- Comfortable in new situations with new clients
- Experience building distributed / service oriented / microservice-style and cloud based application architectures
- Have an understanding of – or implementation experience in – building Twelve-Factor
- You are a Java expert, with experience and familiarity building modern Spring applications with Spring Boot; you have a strong background with Spring and related projects
- Experience building enterprise applications, including integration with COTS systems
- 8+ years of software development experience
- You are a polyglot programmer (you might have used JavaEE, C#, Go, etc.)
- Experience integrating with Netflix OSS components (Eureka, Hystrix, Ribbon, etc.)
- Experience with Cloud Foundry
- You are an Agile practitioner, familiar with extreme programming, test driven development, pairing, continuous integration, continuous delivery, and related techniques applications, and using Domain Driven Design
About our Tokio Office:
Our Tokyo office is located in Roppongi Hills, where many startups and high-tech companies reside. The design of our Pivotal Tokyo office is similar to our headquarters in San Francisco replicating a “Silicon Valley” style. Employees can enjoy Ping-Pong, meetups, food and drink and other activities.
Our team in Japan brings the product development excellence of Pivotal to the home of some of the most iconic consumer brands in the world. Here we work with Japanese companies, from the most established enterprises to the most innovative startups, to help them build successful products and teams. The vibrant street scenes around our location complement the energy and intense collaboration that we bring to every client project.
We really care about our employees and offer:
- Pivotal offers a very competitive compensation package (Base Salary + a generous RSU program)
- Benefits package (Medical health insurance including childbirth, Risk Benefits and other insured benefits)
- Commuter allowance - Pivotal pays the cost of public transportation, for ALL employees, based on the shortest and most economical route from home to office and return.
- Diversity of Leave Entitlements (including annual, parental, marriage, adoption leave and others)
- Pension Plan (Defined Contribution (DC) Plan + Cash Balance (CB) lump-sum plan
- Business travel health insurance for Pivotal employees.
- Global Fitness Reimbursement program allowance - We encourage our Pivots to a healthy lifestyle
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Professional annual development allowance
- Access to our unique Headspace guided meditation - Free to Pivotal employees!
Pivotal Software, Inc. combines platform, tools, and methodology to help the world’s largest companies transform the way they build software and run their most strategic applications. Our technology is used by half of the Fortune 500 companies and developers to give software development and IT operations a strategic advantage. Founded in 2013, Pivotal unleashes software-developer productivity and creates an environment for innovation to scale, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
- Do the Right Thing
- Do What Works
- Be Kind
These are the values that our Pivots live by and form the cornerstone of the way we work, collaborate and help our customers transform the way they build software.
Our way of working
Agile, lean and domain driven design concepts are at the core of our process. We have a whole host of Pivotal Practices around reducing risk and getting value into the hands of users early. We are excited to teach these to you and innovate with you on their implementation.
So, do you want to join the Pivotal family? All interested candidates please apply now!
To our recruitment friends: we are in no need of assistance, thank you.
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
About Pivotal Software
About us Pivotal transforms how the world builds software. Pivotal combines the Silicon Valley state of mind, modern approach, and infrastructure with organizations’ core expertise and values. We enable the leading companies in the world to innovate by employing an approach focused on building software. Our methodology is about evolving, in both development and innovation, and our culture is empowering. Our team uses agile and lean approaches to teach next-generation developers to create and build new solutions. We optimize for change so enterprises can move at start-up speeds and with greater business agility. Recent updateSee all See all recent updates