Senior Platform Engineer
Pivotus Ventures, Carlsbad, CA
See jobs at Pivotus Ventures
- Work with a cross functional, distributed team to build platform RESTful APIs and core services that scale with an increasing number of users, features, requirements, partners, and new engineers
- Work closely with the Product group to define application enhancements and requirements
- Design, document, build, and deliver high quality enterprise grade services that can be consumed by a variety of developers and use cases
- Promote design pattern and code reuse techniques for building services.
- Define, share and enforce software best practices in an Agile working environment.
- Establish standards of excellence in application stability and performance.
- Work with the Devops and Tools teams on build and release management, and application performance.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- 8+ years of software engineering experience with consumer facing/external facing products
- 2+ years of demonstrated experience building Java micro-services based applications and APIs
- Knowledge of cloud computing concepts and deep experience with AWS or other IaaS providers
- Working knowledge of containerization technologies: Docker, Kubernetes, others
- Expert knowledge in Java and associated tools, spanning the full development stack of building APIs, integrations, logging, testing, and monitoring
- Emphasis on writing clear, readable, testable, deployable, monitored code for server side applications
- Rock-solid programming fundamentals and knowledge of design patterns
- A track record of successfully shipped software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
You'll do even better with...
- Experience working within a distributed team
- Experience with building REST-based APIs, API versioning
- Experience with the Akka and Lagom frameworks, ES/CQRS persistence strategies
- Working knowledge or interest in Scala.Experience in full stack development, including automation and CI/CD pipeline
- Insightful opinions about systems architectureAbility and interest in picking up new technologies quickly
- Experience with building public platforms/APIs with delightful developer experiencesStrong desire to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment where you have a lot of responsibilities and see immediate impact of your effortsExperience with Canary, Feature, and Blue-Green deployments
- Experience working in Agile environments
- Experience with any of the following technologies: React/React Native, Amazon SNS, CodePush, HockeyApp,Weaveworks, CircleCI, Jenkins, SauceLabs, Bugsnag, Selenium, Appium, Kubernetes, Docker, Grafana, Kafka, Kops, Zookeeper
We should definitely talk if you are...
- Team oriented
About Pivotus Ventures
Pivotus is a software company on a mission to change banking. We are passionate about transforming the industry and we believe that has to start by changing how banks talk to their customers. Relationships matter, which is why our platform, Engage, helps banks and consumers to develop deep, productive, long-term relationships. Ultimately we connect people with people and provide them the support they need to understand each other and do business together. The rest is the magic of human connection and great service culture. At Pivotus we are change-makers: we know that the right vision, the right relationships and the right technology can change an industry. That is why we are building our platform hand-in-hand with our clients: Pivotus works very closely with a few forward-looking banks who share their customers, their infrastructure, and their brightest executives with us to help us build fantastic products: products that really change the nature of their businesses and that others are desperate to buy.
Want to learn more about Pivotus Ventures? Visit Pivotus Ventures's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.