- Proficient in at least one programming language (Python, Java, C, etc.)
- Have a technical undergraduate degree or higher (CS, Math, Engineering, etc.)
- Have a strong grasp of Computer Science fundamentals (data structures, theory basics, etc.)
- Feel at home using a *nix shell and common system utilities (ssh, grep, xargs, tail, ps, etc.)
Ideally, candidates will also have experience with:
- REST API and library design
- Database design and optimization
- Asynchronous processing and infrastructure
- Advanced image processing/optimization
- Performance analysis across distributed systems
- Refactoring and re-architecting to support new models and paradigms
The ideal teammate has:
- A strong sense of ownership: You strive for deep understanding, build the appropriate solution to get the job done, and iterate quickly to deliver high impact results.
- Pride over everything you ship: You would never release code until you’re confident it provides real value to customers.
- Love for building elegant, maintainable code: Abstracting and refactoring should be a passion, not a chore.
- Customer empathy: You have a high degree of customer empathy and drive to understand users’ pain points. You strive to frame problems using the best conceptual models.
- A team mentality: You recognize that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts, appreciate collaboration, and play a key role to make the company win.
- Pragmatism: You consider the many tradeoffs — business, technical, UX, speed, accuracy, complexity — in every decision.
- Located in San Francisco’s Mission District just one block from BART, among local shops, bars, and restaurants
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and dependents
- 401k + Company matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- $500 annual wellness reimbursement
- Volunteering on company time + employee donation matching
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Dog-friendly office
- Catered lunches 3x/week
- We provide paid parental leave for both parents
- Construction site tours of the biggest projects in San Francisco using PlanGrid
Our mission Construction is behind. While productivity has doubled in most industries over the past 60 years, the build trade has remained flat and comes last in technology spending compared to 18 other industries. As former construction engineers, our founders saw teams dragged down by paperwork, litigation and broken communication — all of which was getting in the way of actual building. When the iPad was unveiled in 2010, it marked the first generation of construction field-ready mobile technology. It was the moment when the idea for PlanGrid was invented, and our objective became clear: to make technology so intuitive and impactful that people in construction want to use it. Since then, PlanGrid has been used on more than 500,000 projects around the world and is the first Construction Productivity Software that allows contractors and owners in commercial, heavy civil, and other industries to work together throughout the project lifecycle. We’ve brought technology and ideas from other industries to automate the tedious tasks and free up teams to collaborate from anywhere. And there is no such thing as “good enough” here. We only build things to last.