- Be proficient in at least one programming language (Python, Java, C, etc.)
- Have an advanced degree (MS, PhD) in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field
- Have prior industry experience building data pipelines and underlying infrastructure
- Have a strong grasp of Computer Science fundamentals (data structures, theory basics, etc.)
- Feel at home using a *nix shell and common system utilities (ssh, grep, xargs, tail, ps, etc.)
- Have prior experience within the field of Data Science or Statistics
Ideally, candidates will also have experience with:
- Advanced image processing/optimization
- Performance analysis across distributed systems
- Application of complex machine learning pipelines at scale
Other things we value:
- A preference for quality over quantity: You understand the math, build the appropriate solution to get the job done, and appreciate a team that holds each other to a high standard.
- Ownership and pride over everything you ship: You'd never call code "released" until you’re confident it provides real value.
- Deep customer empathy: You recognize the value in solving real customer problems and strive to frame the problem using the best conceptual models.
- A love of building elegant, maintainable code: Abstracting and refactoring should be a passion, not a chore.
- Team players: You recognize that the ‘whole is greater than the sum of its parts,’ appreciate collaboration, and do your part to make the larger team win.
- Pragmatism: You consider the many tradeoffs (business, technical, UX, speed, accuracy, complexity) inherent in every decision.
- Located in San Francisco’s Mission District just one block from BART, among local shops, bars, and restaurants
- Flexible vacation
- Dog-friendly office
- Clipper Cards (for public transportation) funded by PlanGrid
- Construction site tours of the biggest projects in San Francisco using PlanGrid
- Volunteer time off: We encourage employees to give back to our local communities. We organize volunteer days and have worked with organizations such as Glide, SF/Marin Food Bank, Muttville, Family Dog Rescue, and Bryant Elementary School (as part of PlanGrid’s commitment with Circle the Schools).
- Catered lunches
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
- Office is wheelchair accessible
Our mission Construction is behind. While productivity has doubled in most industries over the past 60 years, the build trade has remained flat and comes last in technology spending compared to 18 other industries. As former construction engineers, our founders saw teams dragged down by paperwork, litigation and broken communication — all of which was getting in the way of actual building. When the iPad was unveiled in 2010, it marked the first generation of construction field-ready mobile technology. It was the moment when the idea for PlanGrid was invented, and our objective became clear: to make technology so intuitive and impactful that people in construction want to use it. Since then, PlanGrid has been used on more than 500,000 projects around the world and is the first Construction Productivity Software that allows contractors and owners in commercial, heavy civil, and other industries to work together throughout the project lifecycle. We’ve brought technology and ideas from other industries to automate the tedious tasks and free up teams to collaborate from anywhere. And there is no such thing as “good enough” here. We only build things to last.
Want to learn more about PlanGrid? Visit PlanGrid's website.
Jobs You May Like
PlayStation, Playa Vista, CA
Software Engineer Intern
SigFig, Tucson, AZ
Software Engineer - Java
Kobalt Music Group, London
Technical Support Engineer - Mandarin Speaking
General Assembly, Seattle
Software Engineer, Content Quality
Pinterest, San Francisco