- Plan and execute on the break down of our distributed monolith then tail into international expansion
- Architect, design, and implement core services which can be leveraged by product teams throughout the PlanGrid engineering community
- Review key architectural changes across the organization and participate heavily in Engineering Change Proposal process
- Work closely with our Infrastructure team to plan and execute big changes
- Set and maintain code quality and standards for API development
- Set and maintain standards for API versioning, input/output, validation, and error reporting
- Help project teams with API implementation; lead by example in code and quality and participate in the code review process
- Work with our SRE team to design and execute DR/BC implementation and testing
- Work with our SRE team to address and predict performance bottlenecks
- Set performance standards and manage KPIs
- Hire and provide mentorship to a small, senior team of engineers
- Set high level goals and produce quarterly/yearly plans
The ideal leader has:
- Management experience and/or a desire to grow into a manager role: You like being on the front line and keeping your tech skills sharp
- Worked in various service architectures and is ready to bring that painfully earned knowledge to the table
- Understand how company size affects strategy
- Has experience working in and/or prepping for global roll out
- A strong sense of ownership: You strive for deep understanding, build the appropriate solution to get the job done, and iterate quickly to deliver high impact results.
- Love for building elegant, maintainable code: Abstracting and refactoring should be a passion, not a chore.
- A team mentality: You recognize that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts, appreciate teamwork, and play a key role to make the company win.
- Located in San Francisco’s Mission District just one block from BART, among local shops, bars, and restaurants
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and dependents
- 401k + Company matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- $500 annual wellness reimbursement
- Volunteering on company time + employee donation matching
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Dog-friendly office
- Catered lunches 3x/week
- We provide paid parental leave for both parents
- Construction site tours of the biggest projects in San Francisco using PlanGrid
Our mission Construction is behind. While productivity has doubled in most industries over the past 60 years, the build trade has remained flat and comes last in technology spending compared to 18 other industries. As former construction engineers, our founders saw teams dragged down by paperwork, litigation and broken communication — all of which was getting in the way of actual building. When the iPad was unveiled in 2010, it marked the first generation of construction field-ready mobile technology. It was the moment when the idea for PlanGrid was invented, and our objective became clear: to make technology so intuitive and impactful that people in construction want to use it. Since then, PlanGrid has been used on more than 500,000 projects around the world and is the first Construction Productivity Software that allows contractors and owners in commercial, heavy civil, and other industries to work together throughout the project lifecycle. We’ve brought technology and ideas from other industries to automate the tedious tasks and free up teams to collaborate from anywhere. And there is no such thing as “good enough” here. We only build things to last.