Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Lead UX Designer (PS Vue) – San Francisco, CA (SoMa)
As a Lead UX Designer on the Vue team at PlayStation, you will shape the future of television by defining fun and engaging experiences for our customers.
We are looking for a strong, visionary designer who can simultaneously bring life to a blank canvas, and dive into design details of existing experiences. You will develop storyboards, wireframes, journey maps, mockups, and prototypes to form and communicate design ideas. The candidate will help to define product requirements and play an active role in the feedback and iteration during the product life cycle. You help form UCD strategy for projects and participate in user testing to gauge the usability of new and existing products and make constructive suggestions for change. Additionally, you will act as a mentor to more junior designers on the team.
The candidate must have solid design skills and be able to communicate clearly and concisely through visual specifications and stakeholder presentations. You'll work closely with Engineering, Product Management, Senior Management throughout all stages of the product cycle. We are looking for a critical thinker with an excellent visual and interaction design sense, a strong technical background, and the ability to empathize with our customers.
- Champion and effectively communicate design ideas using sketches, flow diagrams, wireframes, mockups and prototypes in a cross-functional team environment
- Define the user model and user interface for new and existing products and features
- Gauge the usability of new and existing products, and make constructive suggestions for change
- Ensure that the design vision is executed correctly during the development process
- Evangelize the role of design in the development process
- Receive, weigh, and integrate constructive feedback from other team members and managers
- Present and communicate design work in a clear, confident, professional, and cogent manner; explain rationale for design decisions
- Able to handle open-ended design projects; anticipates issues and thinks of the big picture
- Aware of industry trends, able to incorporate new techniques and inform others
- Understand business goals and seek to understand product market, competitors, opportunities and challenges
- 10+ years’ experience in designing compelling and quality interfaces
- Proven ability to oversee and lead multiple designers and projects simultaneously from UX concept to implementation
- Deep experiences and portfolio reflecting work done on various platforms (e.g. 10ft, web, mobile)
- Excellent leadership, communication, and collaboration skills
- Strong portfolio demonstrating user experience knowledge, clean visual design sense and design process
- Expertise using Sketch, Adobe Suite, and/or other design/prototyping software and Microsoft Office
- Understanding and experience with User Centered Design Methodologies (UCD)
- Understanding and experience with user research to guide and inform the design process
- Should be self-motivated, highly organized, and perform multiple tasks under minimal supervision
- Recognized as deeply knowledgeable and experienced in their space; serves as a reference within the team
- Minimum BA/BS degree in design or related studies
- Interest in emerging technologies in TV, web, mobile, and other devices
- TV enthusiast
- Experience designing for a global audience in multiple languages
- Experience working within the agile software development process
- Knowledge entertainment and software industries
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spend in contacting us. Thank you for your interest in PlayStation Network.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit http://www.us.playstation.com/
Jobs You May Like
Color and Material Designer (Contract)
Airbnb, San Francisco, California
Red Ventures, São Paulo Brazil
Creative Lead, The Studio
Pinterest, San Francisco, Chicago or NYC
Executive Presentation Designer
Pinterest, San Francisco
Industrial Design Lead
IDEO, IDEO Shanghai
Digital/Social Media ads Designer (f/m)