Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Sr. Account Manager, Publisher Relations
San Mateo, CA
The Account Manager, Publisher Relations is responsible for owning the primary business relationship with PlayStation publishing partners, providing holistic oversight and guidance into key verticals of the Third Party business while driving revenue to achieve SIEA and partner goals. This individual is responsible for working with publishing partners to bring a differentiated gaming experience to PlayStation platforms, and will work cross-functionally and cross-regionally to ensure aligned KPIs are met and exceeded. This individual will also leverage internal resources to provide creative business solutions to logistical and operational game publishing challenges, and will provide data-driven insights and best practices to key partners. This individual will represent and evangelize the PlayStation brand and SIEA’s platform initiatives to our publishing partners.
- Act as the primary business contact for represented accounts. Manage the platform business dialog with partners to discuss product slate, operational and logistical executions of content on PlayStation platforms, and provide data-driven insights and best practices to maximize revenue
- Collaborate with internal marketing stakeholders, portfolio teams, and the Publisher Relations Director to develop, negotiate, and secure a robust lineup of high-impact, genre defining partnerships to make PlayStation The Best Place To Play
- Advocate represented partner initiatives to the platform, while simultaneously evangelizing platform initiatives to partners
- Track and supervise partner product through internal channels, ensuring products meet technical and operational compliance through release to meet platform production deadlines
- Leverage strategic platform product lifecycle management initiatives
- Create, track, analyze and communicate quantitative metrics and business trends to influence decision making both internally and with publishing partners
- Create post-mortem analyses of key programs and title performance (from pre-launch to post-launch), with the goals of overcoming issues and maximizing revenue for both the platform and represented partners
- Manage the implementation and optimization of SIEA’s strategic partnerships with key publishers, expanding reach of platform-driving software titles
- Represent SIEA and the PlayStation brand at off-site industry events and regular publisher visits and evangelize platform brands and services
- A BA in Business, Marketing or Communications, with at least 4 years of experience working in video games or a related industry.
- Proven experience providing direct client support including problem analysis, issue tracking, escalation and resolution
- Deep understanding of all current PlayStation and competitor hardware platforms, games, digital storefronts, and services
- Proven track record of revenue growth and/or ROI improvement
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal; comfortable engaging in communication with all levels of management, both internal and external
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about complex issues, leading to thoughtful recommendations and action plans
- Excellent project management experience, with the ability to lead and handle multiple time-sensitive, cross-functional projects with competing priorities
- Ability to analyze performance data (sales and gameplay telemetry) and provide clear recommendations to improve sales and increase engagement and revenue
- Thorough tracking of action items, and ability to take ownership of issues and see them through to resolution
- 3 years of experience in video gaming account management, marketing/digital gaming or mobile device space
- Fluent in Japanese
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.