Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
White Box QA Engineer (Contract)
San Francisco, CA
(No 3rd party - No Corp to Corp)
We are a quickly growing team in downtown San Francisco’s SoMa district dedicated to making the PlayStation network the best place to play. We develop software that millions of people use daily, and have customers that are nearly as passionate about our product as we are. Help us give our customers the products they expect.
We are building an automation framework to ensure the quality of PlayStation Network software.
- Work as a member of the test automation framework scrum team
- Perform manual testing of our test automation framework on PlayStation 4 and other devices
- Write automated tests to ensure the quality of this framework
- Help other teams understand and use our framework
- Promote “best practices” in testing in the organization as a whole
We are looking for someone who:
- Has demonstrated experience (two years or equivalent) with a UI test automation tool (Selenium, Appium or similar tool)
- Can take a written UI spec document, write test cases for that UI, and create test scripts with minimal direction
- Understands industry “best-practices” around testing
- Is able to take a quickly described task and run with it
- Understands web technologies and knows how to navigate a DOM tree
- Is comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Has a passion for software quality and cares about the customer
- Can explain their work clearly both in writing and in conversation
- Knows how to advocate their beliefs while working in a team
- Has a four-year Computer Science degree or can demonstrate knowledge of Computer Science concepts
Even better (but not required) would be someone who:
- Has significant experience testing Mobile, Console or Set-top box software
- Has significant experience with NodeJS
- Has significant experience with Appium
- Has significant experience with Selenium
- Has worked with Jenkins or Drone
- Has experience in a strong CI/CD environment
- Has worked with GitHub
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit http://www.us.playstation.com/
Jobs You May Like
Senior Full Stack Engineer - Messaging
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Senior API Patterns Developer
Software Engineer - Data Science
Wish, San Francisco, United States
Software Engineer Intern
PlayStation, Los Angeles, CA
NerdWallet, San Francisco, CA
Software Engineer - Distributed Systems
Yelp, San Francisco, CA