Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Staff Software Engineer, PS Social
Location: San Francisco, CA (SoMa)
The Staff Software Engineer will architect, design, and develop cloud-based network software services for the PlayStation® and other applications/devices. S/he will provide strong technical leadership in cloud based software development and highly scalable API designs. Our team is responsible for many Social and User Generated Content sharing features across the PlayStation Network. This includes the design and development of Friend and Media Search, Recommendations using Machine Learning algorithms, and AI among others. If you’re passionate above solving Big Data challenges and working on exciting future features using state of the art technologies then PlayStation is the place you want to be!
- Architect, design and implement RESTful Web Services API and algorithms
- Produce excellent, thorough design and development documentation
- Work with limited supervision under tight time constraints with respond to rapidly evolving requirements
- Familiar and comfortable with Agile/Scrum software development methodology
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science plus 10 years of experience or equivalent; Master's degree preferred.
- 8+ years of solid programming experience in Java core libraries and developing web server applications, object oriented design and design patterns, and passionate about writing high quality and well-architected code
- Experience in building high-performance and cloud based scalable web services. Experience with design and implementation of modern web services architecture and API frameworks (REST/JSON/gRPC). Experience with Amazon Web Services and EC2 a big plus.
- Knowledge of NoSQL, Search, Machine Learning and Go is a big plus
- Strong understanding of engineering best practices – requirement gathering and analysis, design and develop secure and scalable code with unit tests, participate in code reviews and documentation; experience with open source based technology stack
- Ability to handle periodic on-call duty as well as out-of-band requests; strong written and verbal communication skills
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit http://www.us.playstation.com/
Jobs You May Like
Fullstack Software Engineer
Wish, San Francisco, United States
Software Engineer - Video Player & Ads
Ellation, San Francisco
Reonomy, Flatiron, NYC (HQ)
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA
Engineering Manager - Software QA
Zoox, Menlo Park, CA
Technical Solutions Architect
Ripple, New York City, NY