PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Staff Software Engineer, Voice (Back End)
Location: San Francisco, CA (SoMa)
The Staff Software Engineer will architect, design, and develop cloud-based network software services for the PlayStation® and other applications/devices. S/he will provide strong technical leadership in cloud based software development and highly scalable API designs.
Our team is helping to innovate and create the next wave of voice experiences by building features that enable customers to interact with PlayStation using natural language across all of our properties. You will work as part of a team with stakeholders in product, design, and research to build the voice experiences for customers around the world. If you’re passionate above solving Big Data challenges and working on exciting future features using state of the art technologies, then PlayStation is the place you want to be!
- Architect, design and implement RESTful Web Services API and algorithms
- Produce excellent, thorough design and development documentation
- Work with limited supervision under tight time constraints with respond to rapidly evolving requirements
- Familiar and comfortable with Agile/Scrum software development methodology
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science plus 10 years of experience or equivalent; Master's degree preferred.
- 8+ years of solid programming experience in Java core libraries and developing web server applications, object oriented design and design patterns, and passionate about writing high quality and well-architected code
- Experience in building high-performance and cloud based scalable web services. Experience with design and implementation of modern web services architecture and API frameworks (REST/JSON/gRPC). Experience with Amazon Web Services and EC2 a big plus.
- Knowledge of NoSQL, Search, Machine Learning and Go is a big plus
- Strong understanding of engineering best practices – requirement gathering and analysis, design and develop secure and scalable code with unit tests, participate in code reviews and documentation; experience with open source based technology stack
- Ability to handle periodic on-call duty as well as out-of-band requests; strong written and verbal communication skills
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit PlayStation's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer, Core Infrastructure
Medallia, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Director Partner Engagement, Member Acquisition
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
The Linux Foundation, London, England
Senior Software Engineer, Security Products
Okta, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
HW Integration Engineer
Zoox, Foster City, CA
Database Engineer - Vertica
The Trade Desk, London, UK