PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Staff Software Engineer, Voice (Back End)
Location: San Francisco, CA (SoMa)
The Staff Software Engineer will architect, design, and develop cloud-based services for the PlayStation® and other applications/devices. S/he will provide strong technical leadership in cloud based software development and highly scalable API designs.
Our team is helping to innovate and create the next wave of experiences by building features that enable customers to interact with the PlayStation ecosystem. You will work alongside stakeholders in engineering, product, design, and research to build great experiences for customers around the world.
PlayStation Network currently has around 80 million monthly active users. This is a great opportunity to join a high leverage team working on building amazing new experiences.
- You will design and implement RESTful Web Services API and algorithms
- You will produce excellent, thorough design and development documentation
- You can work independently, under tight time constraints, respond to evolving requirements and strategic shifts in direction
- You are familiar and comfortable with Agile/Scrum software development methodology
- 8+ years of solid programming experience in Java (or equivalent enterprise back-end) developing web server applications, object oriented design and design patterns, and passionate about writing high quality and well-architected code
- Experience in building high-performance and cloud based scalable web services. Experience with design and implementation of modern web services architecture and API frameworks
- Experience implementing services backed by NoSQL data stores
- Strong understanding of engineering best practices – requirement gathering and analysis, design and develop secure and scalable code with unit tests, participate in code reviews and documentation; experience with open source based technology stack
- Ability to handle periodic on-call duty, and defensive engineering to minimize impact
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science plus 10 years of experience or equivalent; Master's degree preferred.
Helpful but not required
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and EC2
- Search, Machine Learning, Online Gaming domains
- Practical experience writing concurrent services in Golang
- Knowledge of DevOps practices, containerization, Docker/Kubernetes
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit PlayStation's website.
Jobs You May Like
Qventus, Mountain View, CA
Software Engineer, Storage
Etsy, New York, NY
Staff Software Engineer, Tool and Test Framework Development
PlayStation, San Francisco, CA
Enterprise Applications Director
Indigo, Boston, MA
Big Data Engineer
Wish, San Francisco, United States
Site Reliability Engineer
Devoted Health, Waltham, MA