Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Sr. Technical Program Manager (Release Management)
San Diego, CA
SIE seeks a highly qualified candidate for the position of Senior Technical Program Manager. This role will be responsible for driving releases from inception through deployment. They will be expected to partner with the security, systems, network engineering, database services, software development, change management and production organizations to lead, manage, and drive forward Network Platform releases. The responsibilities listed are not all inclusive and additional duties may be assigned.
- Work with Development, DevOps, Database, QA and PMO teams to set release schedules and environments in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Manage environment availability and release cadence
- Work closely with Developers and Operations engineers to define and automate release and deployment processes
- Assist tools development teams to prototype build and release automation tools
- Strong familiarity with configuration management, continuous integration and continuous delivery systems
- Identify and propagate best practices and processes for source control, continuous integration, automated testing, build automation, deployment, and release management
- Contribute to establishing methods and metrics for tracking performance and making decisions
- Monitor release KPIs and provide post-release reporting. Monitors actions for continuous improvement
- Perform a key leadership role in the technology transformation and change leadership for the existing services and innovation of new capabilities to support business growth
- Manage change control processes for changes to code and development environments
- Ensure on-time and efficient delivery of high-quality network platform releases
- Proactively mitigate risks and remove obstacles
- Communicate plans and status, and escalate issues as required
- BS or Master’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience. MS in CS or IS preferred with emphasis in technical program management
- 5+ years’ experience required project/program managing or leading the delivery of Software Releases and Deployments
- Prefer candidates with project / program management (PMP) certification / training
- Experience with micro-service architectures and deployments
- Experience with Continuous Integration and continuous delivery pipelines
- Experience with working with rapid, overlapping release cycles
- Experience deploying microservices to AWS is a MUST
- Experience in defining process and procedures to manage the release cycle
- Drive a culture of automation in the team
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to any given situation
- Motivated, organized self-starter with the ability to solve routine or complicated problems effectively
- Must work effectively and professionally with cross-functional groups across divisions, worldwide, as part of a team
- Excellent organizational, communication (written & verbal) and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work with all levels of internal and external stakeholders
- Must excel in conflict resolution, negotiation, and people management across Western cultures
- Must exhibit meticulous attention to detail, and have the ability to make good, timely decisions
- Ability to work under pressure and in high stress situations with a calm demeanor
- Strong proficiency with collaboration and agile tools (Rally, JIRA, Confluence, etc.) a plus
- SAFE knowledge (www.scaledagileframework.com).
- Previous experience in an E-Commerce environment
- Familiarity with digital media software and networking technologies, especially those related to Sony’s products, services, and devices
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.