Senior Character Technical Artist
We are God of War! Join us!
Animator & programmer or programmer & character artist – which are you? No matter: you bridge tech and character. You understand the creative process; you have an artistic sensibility, and an eye for animation. And you can rig. Above all you collaborate with character artists and animators to deliver the highest quality vision of the game.
Talent, initiative, collaboration – bring them all. We are a large team that fundamentally works together across all disciplines. Sound interesting? Give us a shout.
AND NOW A WORD FROM (THE REST OF) MANAGEMENT…
- Create and maintain animation rigs and tools
- Research, define, extend, and maintain production pipelines, processes, and workflows
- Interface collaboratively with character artists and animators
- Identify problems; solve them by inventing or building robust technical implementations
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Graphic Art, or a related field
- Minimum five years of professional experience in computer-generated art
- Intimate knowledge of Maya and strong understanding of Maya’s rigging tools
- Ability to drive new rig systems and workflows.
- Well-versed in human and animal anatomy
- Understanding of proper mesh topology
- A keen eye for proper form throughout a wide range of movement
- Exposure to character modeling and polygon topology related to character deformations
- Knowledge of Animator workflows
- Solid understanding of 3D math and related concepts
- Strong working knowledge in MEL/Python/HLSL and or C++.
- Enthusiasm and initiative
- Excellent spoken and written communication
- Able and motivated to work with other team members
- Computer graphics, lighting, and FX
We value talent, self-motivation, and team spirit. In turn, we provide an environment with a large degree of freedom and autonomy
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit PlayStation's website.
Jobs You May Like
Lead Software Engineer, Web
MyFitnessPal, San Francisco, CA
Mobile Android Apprentice (Boston)
Intrepid Pursuits, Boston, MA
QA Automation Engineer (Remote)
Mattermost, Greater Toronto Area
Sr Security Software Engineer, Platform Security
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Web Developer/Senior Web Developer (26821)
Springer Nature, New York, NY, USA
Software Engineering Manager
Daxko, Chicago IL, US