PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior VFX Artist
San Diego, CA
Sony PlayStation’s Visual Arts Services Group (VASG) on our San Diego campus provides world-class content, development and services to PlayStation Studios such as Insomniac Games, Naughty Dog, Santa Monica Studio, Bend Studio, Guerilla Games, Sucker Punch Productions and more! Our team is always at the cutting edge of technology and partners with the industry’s best minds and companies.
We are looking for a Senior FX Artist to come aboard and help us build the highest quality game FX possible. Become a part of the Visual Arts Group, and work with a multi-award winning team responsible for the cinematic performances in outstanding Sony PlayStation franchises like Uncharted, The Last of Us, Killzone, and other iconic series.
- Content creation of visual FX across all areas of the game ranging from in-game assets to Cinematics on the PlayStation 5 platform.
- You will work with our VFX Supervisor to ensure a consistent style and quality level across all the various types of game FX assets.
- You will partner with our render engineers to develop new, or improve upon existing technologies for pushing the bar of game FX, both visually and technically.
- Document, communicate requirements, and provide feedback to internal artists and outsourcing partners.
- Actively develop and improve skill set and abilities by keeping aware of industry trends and techniques, evaluating competitive products, and learning new software packages and traditional art methods.
- 4+ years’ experience as a professional FX artist in AAA games.
- At least 1 shipped AAA title as an FX artist.
- Bachelor of art degree or equivalent industry experience and training
- Portfolio of realistic, high quality real-time FX work.
- Proficiency of standard art packages such as Maya and Photoshop.
- Good understanding of shader techniques as applied to visual effects.
- Working knowledge of dynamics and simulations packages.
- Good communication, organizational, time management and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with a game engine and implementing 3D work into engine.
- Python scripting experience.
- C++ programming experience.
- Premiere/After Effects experience.
- Side-FX Houdini experience.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit PlayStation's website.
Sweat in good company