Sony Bend Studio, the creator of Days Gone, Syphon Filter and Uncharted: Golden Abyss, is looking for top talent to join our passionate team. .
We are seeking a Senior Staff Systems and Engine Programmer to contribute to our development process. This position specializes in the architecture, implementation, maintenance, and optimization of core engine and game systems.
- Write code that fulfills the functional and technical requirements of the project.
- Optimization of Engine and Game Systems to take full advantage of target hardware and architecture.
- Work with proprietary existing software technology and build new technology in order to fulfill the project’s technical requirements.
- Identify technical and developmental risks and obstacles and generate solutions to overcome identified risks.
- Participate in development, optimization, and debugging of low-level systems like streaming, serialization, and memory management.
- Research coding techniques and algorithms in order to keep current on technological developments and advancements in the game industry.
- Supervise and mentor junior or mid-level programmers as required.
- Help the Technical Director and Lead Programmer to develop task road maps and estimate task schedules.
- Minimum 3-5 years industry experience or related experience.
- One or more published titles.
- S. in computer science, engineering or relevant curriculum.
- Excellent C/C++ skills.
- Excellent understanding of 3D math.
- Experience and demonstrated knowledge of multi-processor programming, memory management, and optimization of games for memory and performance.
- Self-motivated and willingness to take initiative.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team environment.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.