SIEA is seeking a Sr. Manager, Marketing Strategy with a strong background in deploying innovative and integrated brand strategies targeting entertainment consumers across a diverse portfolio. You will work closely with marketing teams to develop strategy that accelerates the growth of the business by leveraging consumer insights and market analytics. Responsibilities will require a portfolio approach to define strategy for the growing number of products/services under the PlayStation Brand. Additionally, this position will be responsible for driving the annual strategic planning process throughout the year ensuring that marketing opportunities are identified and explored, structuring initiatives so that they can clearly be executed and providing a framework to develop and manage them. This role will lead the analysis and synthesis of critical insights across different marketing teams.
The Sr. Manager, Marketing Strategy will aggressively fuel PlayStation growth and deliver business performance through thought leadership and a drive for superior results
Strategic Planning Process
- Lead the annual planning process: identify critical issues/opportunities, develop strategic plan and resource allocations.
- Guide development of operating plans, mobilize key cross-functional teams and engage all levels of organizational leadership.
- Manage budget process to develop final marketing organization recommendation and strategic rationale.
Strategic Marketing Initiatives
- Identify and assess strategic issues; support them into the execution phase by bringing key stakeholders together to make decisions with efficiency and effectiveness
- In collaboration with brand marketing teams, develop and evaluate opportunities for service expansion and customer segment opportunities
- Serve as a key marketing stakeholder in defining growth for new and existing products and offerings:
- Develop competitive framework grounded in comprehensive market and category assessments.
- Identifies and integrates key marketing metrics and KPIs for the category and brand that enables leadership to make critical and timely decisions for marketing investment.
Thought & People Leadership
- Actively mentors direct reports and cross marketing team members as a key member in marketing leadership team.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Has demonstrated leadership in strategic planning in brand and product marketing for a large scale consumer facing brand with a diverse portfolio.
- Demonstrated strategic strengths and analytical horsepower in the field of marketing.
- An understanding and appreciating of how to build strong brand foundations & brand equity with launching new brands or rebuilding mature brands.
- Ability to evaluate and synthesize disparate pieces of insight & analysis into a clear, focused strategy.
- Strong thought & people leader:
- Ability to think big picture and distill clear insight in an concise, articulate manner
- Drive for results. Commitment to high standards and passionate about goals/ beliefs in the face of complex obstacles/roadblocks
- Work productively & cooperatively with peers and across matrices.
- Bachelor's degree is required, MBA is preferred
- 7-10 years’ marketing work experience in one or more of the following:
- Strategic planning role at blue chip consumer facing portfolio,
- Management consulting at Bain Co, McKinsey, BCG, Accenture, Monitor, or other firm with a robust marketing strategy practice
- Product marketing at portfolio level, at a blue chip consumer facing company
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills as well as strong creative intuition.
- Superior interpersonal skills and ability to work cross-functionally
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Project management, problem structuring and strategic problem solving skills
- Strong understanding of marketing in the digital media, video games, movie, and/or music business.
- Passion for technology & entertainment (games, music, movies, TV)
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.