PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sony Interactive Entertainment
Cloud Gaming Engineering & Infrastructure (Austin, TX)
Sr. Network Engineer
As a primary member of the Network Engineering team you will be responsible for the development, support and mid to long term considerations of an advanced global IP network that adheres to the highest standards to provide robust, low latency game streaming services to PlayStation Now customers around the globe.
- Contribute to the design and enhancement of the global backbone and datacenter infrastructures.
- Develop solutions that drive the success of our bleeding-edge networks and platforms.
- Leverage networking tools to identify and mitigate network anomalies.
- Analyze application data and traffic flow data to identify and improve on sub-optimal network behaviors.
- Leverage and assist in the development of automation tools and processes to proactively monitor the health of the network and respond to events.
- Participate in developing policies, procedures and technical reports associated with operating and maintaining the global network.
- Guide and assist deployment engineers in the implementation of new topologies and services.
- Provide technical guidance and support to junior engineers in interpreting and reacting to network events.
- Eight + years of progressive experience supporting large scale telecommunications environments in a service provider (CDN/ISP/NSP/Carrier), datacenter, financial or large enterprise network.
- Experience with backbone and edge routing policy, engineering, and operation in a multi-transit, multi-peer environment.
- Experience with MPLS RSVP-TE traffic engineering in core backbones.
- Experienced with developing and integrating MPLS L3VPN and L2VPN services in a core network.
- Experience supporting IPv6 services
- In-depth knowledge of QoS.
- Strong understanding of network fundamentals (e.g. TCP/IP, Ethernet, IP Addressing/Subnetting, VLANs, etc).
- Deep understanding of modern router architecture including interworking of control plane and forwarding plane, switch fabric, and egress queuing.
- Capable of mentoring junior-level network engineers in all aspects of network design, operations and deployment.
- Fluent with Juniper MX , QFX and EX series platforms.
- Experience with ISIS
- Advanced comprehension of BGP, including traffic engineering and failure mode analysis in a global network environment.
- Knowledgeable in global CDN delivery methods.
- Experience with cluster networking/CLOS fabrics
- Experience with router firewall policies.
- Experience with optical media.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
#LI - RD1
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit PlayStation's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineering Intern
Endurance International Group, Waltham, MA
Software Developer Engineer in Test ($120k - $130k)
Blue Owl, San Francisco, CA
Senior Full Stack Engineer
Upside, Washington, DC
Software Engineer - Android
Quora, Mountain View, CA
Security Analyst, Assurance
Okta, San Francisco, CA
Kraken Exchange, Remote