Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Business Solutions Architect
San Mateo, CA
The Business Solutions Architect is key in providing system and process development, support, and analysis to the Legal Operations team at Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE). This role is key in developing and maintaining our contracts management system, which is used by almost all company departments.
- Provide system development, support, and analysis - primarily focused on, but not limited to, SIE’s Contract Management System.
- Optimize business processes by analyzing the contract flow and gathering internal requirements.
- Design new system features using out-of-the box functionality. Implement solution design by building system rules and configuration components.
- Support existing system functionality and further develop current infrastructure. Review and update existing system configuration and associated data; ensure configurable components are easily maintainable.
- Manage system change initiatives: track deliverables, compile project plans, lead project status meetings, and update internal stakeholders.
- Test new code, configuration, and functionality prior to implementation. Lead regression and user acceptance testing.
- Act as a main liaison with the Contract Management System vendor and internal IT support.
- Gather integration requirements and manage such projects to completion.
- Lead data migration efforts.
- Build, maintain, and schedule reports. Identify commonly used reporting requirements, and establish methods which allow users to easily obtain required data. If necessary, modify the existing configuration to accomplish reporting goals.
- Solicit and manage system enhancement requests and feedback. Prioritize and escalate such requests, based on user need.
- Troubleshoot, address, report, and track system issues and feedback.
- Develop training materials (through both MS PowerPoint and an online tool), system documentation, and user manuals.
- Educate non-technical users on system functionality and associated processes and procedures. Conduct large user training sessions.
- Develop and implement communication plans which support existing, new, or upcoming functionality.
- Ensure system security by managing access levels, roles, user permissions, and password maintenance.
- Perform advanced edits on data.
- Manage system related content on the Legal department intranet pages.
- Act as a subject matter expert on Legal department processes and procedures and assist users accordingly.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- At least 4 years of system configuration/implementation experience.
- At least 2 years of experience managing a Contract Management System is strongly preferred.
- Able to effectively articulate difficult ideas and concepts. Strong verbal skills are necessary to clearly and concisely communicate system functionality to users. Strong written skills are necessary to aid in developing training manuals, presentation materials, and system documentation.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and multi-tasking skills are required.
- be able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Highly detail oriented and possess problem-solving skills.
- Experience with Conga Novatus Contract Management software is strongly preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint is strongly preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of contracts and associated processes is strongly preferred.
- Experience with Adobe Captivate
- Project management experience
- Interest in the gaming industry
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.